Author Topic: Client proofing/selection enhancements  (Read 6003 times)

Offline Cyrano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Client proofing/selection enhancements
« on: February 19, 2015, 07:43:12 PM »
In exported web galleries intended for client image proofs review & selection, I would like to see these enhancements:

(1) The icon for creating/editing comments appears on thumbnails only when in "review selection" mode. Why not allow this when viewing all thumbnails, and when viewing a single image at larger size? In other words, the icon for creating/editing comments should appear in all possible views of an image: when it is displayed as a thumbnail in any view, and when it is displayed as a larger image in any view.

(2) When viewing all thumbnails, clicking on a single thumbnail will show that image at larger size ... but when viewing in "review selection" mode, clicking on a single thumbnail does nothing. I feel the user should see consistent behavior in all views: whenever you click on a thumbnail, you will see that image at larger size. That's the way things work in every other program/mode I can think of.

(3) When viewing a single image at larger size, clicking on "Gallery" will return the user to Page 1. I think it necessary to return the user to whatever page they were on when they clicked to enlarge the image being viewed. As it is, it appears the user will lose their place in the gallery, and will have to search through all the pages of the gallery to find where they were. If this is so, then this will prevent me from using this feature for client image proof reviews, as the number of images I typically work with is rather large ... having the user lose their place after every selection won't work for my clients.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:17:06 PM by Cyrano »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Client proofing/selection enhancements
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:01:14 PM »
Which particular template are you discussing?

-Kirk

Offline Cyrano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 08:05:26 PM »
Sorry! I'm referring to PM Classic.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 09:34:39 PM »
I was afraid of that.  The PM Classic template has gotten completely out of control in my opinion.  It used to be fairly simple, but now it is burdensome.  It tries to do too many things for too many different uses.

-Kirk

Offline Cyrano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 09:20:34 AM »
That's a shame.

I was delighted to find a client-proofing solution built into PM -- and even more delighted when I saw how fast it worked! It fits right into what I see as PM's raison d'etre: a fast, fast, fast way of getting client-driven work done.

Just thinking out loud: If the PM Classic template has picked up too much scope, could it be split into smaller units, each with a more focused purpose?

My vote would go towards a dedicated client review/selection template -- and I'd be very surprised if I were alone among PM users in this desire.

If I want to craft fancy, highly-designed web galleries, and I don't care how long it takes to make them, I'll use Lightroom. What PM can offer me is a unique ability to get a client proofing gallery up very quickly.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 11:37:29 AM »
Just thinking out loud: If the PM Classic template has picked up too much scope, could it be split into smaller units, each with a more focused purpose?

My vote would go towards a dedicated client review/selection template -- and I'd be very surprised if I were alone among PM users in this desire.

That's exactly what I'd like to do with the PM Classic template.

-Kirk