Author Topic: .IPT files or Code replacements ...  (Read 2494 times)

Offline martink

• View Profile
.IPT files or Code replacements ...
« on: February 27, 2015, 09:45:35 AM »
Hi,
I have many thousand images to caption.
The simple metadata for all of them is available in an Excel spreadheet, with a line for each item, and columns for a unique number, city, Supp Cat 1 etc etc.
Is there any way that I can use that information to build a set of IPT files so that I can load the data to the different fields simultaneously one picture at a time ?
If I do it using code replacements, do the all numbers within the delimiter used to trigger the code replacements need to be the same length or would it recognise the difference between say, 99, 299 and 992?
Many thanks,
Martin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: .IPT files or Code replacements ...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:56:41 AM »
Martin,

I have many thousand images to caption.
The simple metadata for all of them is available in an Excel spreadheet, with a line for each item, and columns for a unique number, city, Supp Cat 1 etc etc.
Is there any way that I can use that information to build a set of IPT files so that I can load the data to the different fields simultaneously one picture at a time ?
If I do it using code replacements, do the all numbers within the delimiter used to trigger the code replacements need to be the same length or would it recognise the difference between say, 99, 299 and 992?

No, the length of the codes does not matter.  You should be able to do what you describe with the IPTC Stationery Pad and Code Replacement.  People do this sort of operation with PM all the time.

-Kirk