Author Topic: Droplets "not found" after installing PS CC 2014  (Read 4532 times)

Offline Jerry and Lois Photo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Droplets "not found" after installing PS CC 2014
« on: March 06, 2015, 09:33:13 AM »
Hello!

Running Win7/64, brand new hard disk.  Installed PM and PS CC 2014.  I have a folder with some 30 or so droplets that were created on the old hard disk, and were created under PS CS6.

After updating PM prefs to see the droplet folder, and then "refreshing droplets", all are properly listed by PM.  But when trying to run any of them, I get the following error from PS:

"Could not run the droplet because the file could not be found."

The droplets themselves work fine, as I can drag and drop image files onto them directly (even from within PM). Screen shot attached.

Suggestions, please?
Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Droplets "not found" after installing PS CC 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 10:45:31 AM »
Hello!

Running Win7/64, brand new hard disk.  Installed PM and PS CC 2014.  I have a folder with some 30 or so droplets that were created on the old hard disk, and were created under PS CS6.

After updating PM prefs to see the droplet folder, and then "refreshing droplets", all are properly listed by PM.  But when trying to run any of them, I get the following error from PS:

"Could not run the droplet because the file could not be found."

The droplets themselves work fine, as I can drag and drop image files onto them directly (even from within PM). Screen shot attached.

Sounds like something we'll have to fix in Photo Mechanic.  I have no workaround for you at this time.

-Kirk

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 03:31:19 PM »
Hello Jerry,

I was able to create several droplets in PS CS6 on my W7-64 PC and use them in PM5. I upgraded to PS CC 2014 and tried the same droplets in Photo Mechanic 5. Everything is working as it should and I have not seen any error message from either application.  When I installed PS CC, a message popped up asking if I would like to import the settings from PS CS6. I clicked the No option.  My droplets are in a folder on the local C: drive. Where are your droplets stored?      If you create a new droplet in PS CC, does it work correctly with Photo Mechanic?    When you installed PS CC, did you click the Yes option when asked if PS CC should import the settings from PS CS6?

--Bob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 04:04:16 PM »
Hi Bob - thanks for the reply.

To answer your questions:
1. This was a new machine, or at least a new hard disk (replaced the SATA drive with a SSD), so there was no older version of PS to import settings from; it's a fresh install of Win7/64.

2. I haven't yet tried using PS CC to create a droplet, and then test (on my list to do).

3. Location of droplets is in a stand-alone folder on my C: drive.  I have doubts that this is the issue, only because once I set the droplets folder in PM, it sees these just fine.  Additionally, if I manually drag and drop a TIF onto a given droplet, it works fine as well.  Ditto for an entire set of TIFs.  Not sure what may have changed (within PS CC).  So... need to try #2 to see what happens there.  I'll report back on results.

Thanks again for weighing in.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »
Updates...

1. The problem repros, even with new droplets created via PS CC.  Further, placing the droplets in another folder (and updating PM's preferences) does not help, still repro's.

2. Curiously, our 2nd machine that also has a fresh install of Win7/64, PS CC, and PM 5 does not have a problem.  The same set of droplets works just fine.

Kirk and company - suggestions? 
Uninstall and re-install PM?
Is there a way to get debugging/loggging enabled so you can see what's going on?  I have some 20+ droplets I use heavily in everyday production (branding, JPG spin-offs, etc.) that I'd really like to have working again :)

Many thanks!
Jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 08:21:05 PM »
Jerry,

1. The problem repros, even with new droplets created via PS CC.  Further, placing the droplets in another folder (and updating PM's preferences) does not help, still repro's.

Is there a way to get debugging/loggging enabled so you can see what's going on?  I have some 20+ droplets I use heavily in everyday production (branding, JPG spin-offs, etc.) that I'd really like to have working again :)

I don't have any logging code in the Droplet launcher (it has been bug-free from the beginning) but I could add some.

What is the path of your droplets?
What is the path of one of the images you try to send to the droplet?
What are the name(s) of your droplets?  Do they have any odd characters in them or perhaps spaces?

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 11:55:35 PM »
Hi Kirk,

For the test case that also failed, I tried (w/o the quotes)
Droplet path:    "C:\Applications\Adobe"
Image path:      "P:\zzz Project Backups\testimages"
Droplet name:   "TEST01.EXE"

The "real world" paths and droplet names (which all worked fine with PS CS6) did have spaces and quirky names.  These also work just fine with the other machine that I have PM5+PS CC, as the two machines are set up the same installations, droplet paths, etc.

Thanks,
Jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 08:00:43 AM »
Jerry,

For the test case that also failed, I tried (w/o the quotes)
Droplet path:    "C:\Applications\Adobe"
Image path:      "P:\zzz Project Backups\testimages"
Droplet name:   "TEST01.EXE"

The "real world" paths and droplet names (which all worked fine with PS CS6) did have spaces and quirky names.  These also work just fine with the other machine that I have PM5+PS CC, as the two machines are set up the same installations, droplet paths, etc.

Nothing looks out of the ordinary there to me.  I'll add some logging code and get you a build to test with.

Thanks,

-Kirk