Author Topic: Make Jobs & Stationery Pad & GPS panels non-modal  (Read 4891 times)

Offline a_mumford

• View Profile
Make Jobs & Stationery Pad & GPS panels non-modal
« on: March 16, 2015, 11:52:42 AM »
It would be great if you could have these all open and editable at the same time so you could "build" your Stationery Pad without having to close and open these panels multiple times.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Make Jobs & Stationery Pad & GPS panels non-modal
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 11:57:07 AM »
It would be great if you could have these all open and editable at the same time so you could "build" your Stationery Pad without having to close and open these panels multiple times.

The Jobs dialog could possibly be made non-modal, but only if it were called up from a non-modal state.
Which GPS dialog(s) are you referring to exactly?
The Stationery Pad will likely always be modal.

-Kirk

Offline a_mumford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 12:24:09 PM »
Understood ...
The Jobs dialog could possibly be made non-modal, but only if it were called up from a non-modal state.

"Image" > "Set GPS Coordinates"

Understood - is it possible that the Catalog app will / could be different ...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 01:07:38 PM »
"Image" > "Set GPS Coordinates"

How would setting an individual coordinate on a GPS dialog non-modally help you fill out your IPTC Stationery Pad?  The IPTC Stationery Pad does not apply GPS coordinates.

Understood - is it possible that the Catalog app will / could be different ...

No.  Not likely.  It just doesn't make much sense for it to be non-modal.  Please tell me how making it be non-modal will make things more efficient?

-Kirk

Offline a_mumford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 01:27:46 PM »
Well prior to the ingest I would like to be able too have all the dialogs / panels open so I can see every value and variable in front of me so that when I actually hit the ingest button I can be confident that everything will be set the way I intend it.

Currently, and this is "my" problem not PM's, because there are so many different fields that have to be set and some of them live in different "non-modal" dialogs, it's very easy to have something set incorrectly and have too correct it later.

Maybe I'm uniquely challenged in this area but I find I have a mental "checklist" I go through prior too ingest and then after to make sure I didn't forget anything.
That's OK because PM can easily correct / fix things - which is why we all love it of course but from an efficiency and accuracy standpoint I can imagine that having the ability too quickly set PM into a pre-defined "state" for different Jobs / Users / Venues, etc would be quicker and probably more accurate - no ?

How would setting an individual coordinate on a GPS dialog non-modally help you fill out your IPTC Stationery Pad?  The IPTC Stationery Pad does not apply GPS coordinates.
No.  Not likely.  It just doesn't make much sense for it to be non-modal.  Please tell me how making it be non-modal will make things more efficient?