Author Topic: Crushes preview (blinking)  (Read 7822 times)

Offline tsyganov

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Crushes preview (blinking)
« on: March 06, 2015, 01:27:23 PM »
Hi guys!
Everything was fine with the old version (a very long time has not been updated). But there was a problem after updating to previews.

Algorithm for error like this:
-Open PM, use, look, everything is OK.
-Opens photo for editing in Adobe PS, retouch, save
-When going to see that the PM window previews are not shown, some of them blinking (show-hide-show-hide).

PS
- Cache images is the second SSD, but transfer it back to the disk with the system does not work.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Crushes preview (blinking)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 02:36:20 PM »
Hi guys!
Everything was fine with the old version (a very long time has not been updated). But there was a problem after updating to previews.

Algorithm for error like this:
-Open PM, use, look, everything is OK.
-Opens photo for editing in Adobe PS, retouch, save
-When going to see that the PM window previews are not shown, some of them blinking (show-hide-show-hide).

PS
- Cache images is the second SSD, but transfer it back to the disk with the system does not work.

From the Help menu in Photo Mechanic, choose "Reveal Support Data..." and when the file appears in the Finder, post it here.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline tsyganov

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 03:58:51 AM »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 10:02:30 AM »
Hi!
This is link to this file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95683492/PM_log.zip

What build of PM5 are you running?  Do you have a PMDebug.txt file in Photo Mechanic's Preferences folder?

Your log is filled with thousands of lines of debug log statements that are either from a build that forced that logging on or you have a PMDebug.txt file that has turned on file I/O logging.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:27:05 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline tsyganov

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 08:13:00 AM »
I use 16299 (579a307) (Demo).
No, unfortunately I can not find this file in the system. where can he be?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 09:03:13 AM »
I use 16299 (579a307) (Demo).
No, unfortunately I can not find this file in the system. where can he be?

In the Finder choose the "Go To Folder..." command from the Go menu.  Enter:

~/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic/

If there is a PMDebug.txt file there, you can rename it or move it to the Trash.

-Kirk

Offline retief

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 10:07:16 PM »
I am having the same issue, it just started over this weekend, out of the blue so to speak.  I upgraded a while back to Windows 8.1, but have had no such issue until the weekend.  I am running V4 Build 16299.  I turned on the Reveal option and am attaching the file.  Looking at the file I don't see anything strange.

What is interesting is that it seems to happen if I have PM open and then open a different app.  Once I come back to PM the problem starts. 

Any ideas or things I should change/look for?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 10:31:21 PM »
I am having the same issue, it just started over this weekend, out of the blue so to speak.  I upgraded a while back to Windows 8.1, but have had no such issue until the weekend.  I am running V4 Build 16299.  I turned on the Reveal option and am attaching the file.  Looking at the file I don't see anything strange.

What is interesting is that it seems to happen if I have PM open and then open a different app.  Once I come back to PM the problem starts. 

Please download and reinstall PM5 build 16299.  Your install appears to be modified.

-Kirk

Offline tsyganov

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 02:23:34 AM »
Yes, this is the best way to resolve problems  ;D
Tell me, is there any way to completely remove all components of Photo Mechanic and all his components?
And then install it "like at the first time".

Offline retief

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 05:24:06 AM »

Please download and reinstall PM5 build 16299.  Your install appears to be modified.

-Kirk

I will do that tonight, Kirk.  What is puzzling is that my last download and update was on 2/23/15, and this just manifested in the past few days.  Hmmm, now that I look at, I really have not done anything since that download.

When you say "modified", are you thinking some sort of corruption in the download process?  What else could "modify" my installation?  Just want to be sure that when I do this tonight I do not inadvertently muck something up.

Thanks.

Offline retief

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 06:02:33 AM »
Well, I decided to take a few minutes for the reinstall this AM, and all seems to be OK at this time.  I have done a "bit-by-bit" compare of the two different downloads, but the file sizes are the same, so I am a bit confused about how the first install could have "modified", in such a way that most things seemed to work fine.

I will let you know if the issue reappears, I should have thought of this one.  In general, "When in doubt, reboot", right?