Author Topic: Bug: Buttons arround tumbnail in the ContactSheet disappeared  (Read 2368 times)

Offline andomar

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I have the problem that all the buttons in the corners of a thumbnail (rotate left, rotate right, itpc-info, magnify) are not showing up anymore.

I can make them shortly available for the selected thumbnail in the contact sheet if I activate the menu-option.
"View->Show Info Tooltips". Then the tooltip appears and also the buttons. Selecting another thumbnail does never show the buttons also there and only sometimes (!) the tooltip. I have to toggle "Show Info Tooltip" off and on again to get the buttons appear once.

I'm using Photo Mechanic 4.6.9 as registered User with Mac OS X 10.9.5  on a MacPro (8-Core 3.2 GHz).
I downloaded (today) the actual Photo Mechanic 5 and installed it as trial and the behaviour there is identical!

Btw: I wondered that there seems no equivalent menu-command for the IPTC-Info-Button. Am I right?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Bug: Buttons arround tumbnail in the ContactSheet disappeared
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 09:10:45 AM »
I have the problem that all the buttons in the corners of a thumbnail (rotate left, rotate right, itpc-info, magnify) are not showing up anymore.

I can make them shortly available for the selected thumbnail in the contact sheet if I activate the menu-option.
"View->Show Info Tooltips". Then the tooltip appears and also the buttons. Selecting another thumbnail does never show the buttons also there and only sometimes (!) the tooltip. I have to toggle "Show Info Tooltip" off and on again to get the buttons appear once.

I'm using Photo Mechanic 4.6.9 as registered User with Mac OS X 10.9.5  on a MacPro (8-Core 3.2 GHz).
I downloaded (today) the actual Photo Mechanic 5 and installed it as trial and the behaviour there is identical!

Btw: I wondered that there seems no equivalent menu-command for the IPTC-Info-Button. Am I right?

What kind of images are you working with and what kind of media are they stored on?  Do the thumbnails have red titles (the filename part) on them?

-Kirk

Offline andomar

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 11:06:33 AM »
>What kind of images are you working with and what kind of media are they stored on?
NEF/JPEG on Harddisk

>Do the thumbnails have red titles (the filename part) on them?
No.

Meanwhile I could solve this behaviour with a simple restart of my Mac!

Don't know what could have been the cause for this problem - seems to be mouse related.
Maybe trouble with my wacom-tablet after wakeup. (I mostly put my Mac to sleepmode instead of turning off).

Thank you for your quick response!

Btw: I detected that the simple key "i" opens the iptc window! (a menu-option would be nice for good UI too).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 02:10:51 PM »
Btw: I detected that the simple key "i" opens the iptc window! (a menu-option would be nice for good UI too).

I would agree if there weren't both a keyboard shortcut and a hover button that are more easily accessible.  Menu commands operate on selections.  The 'i' hover button does not require you to make a selection.

-Kirk