Author Topic: IPTC Stationary Pad - Error about Lens info from EXIF data  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Amit Kher

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Stationary Pad - Error about Lens info from EXIF data
« on: March 20, 2015, 10:04:40 AM »
Hi
I am running Photo Mechanic version 5.0, build 16299 (579a307)  on Windows 7 64bit

the problem I'm facing is - I'm using the following script in the Description field of IPTC Stationary Pad for Location etc & EXIF data -
{day0} {mnn3} {yr4};  {loc}, {stat}, {ccod};       
{modl}; {lt};  {lens}mm; f/{f}; {ss}; iso:{iso};

though the Lens specs as per the Manufacturer are -
"SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD"
what comes out in the script output is -
"VR Zoom 150-600mm f/5-6.3G IF-ED"

am I doing something wrong in the script or is it some other problem?

Also, couldn't find any variable to include the Lens Brand e.g Nikon or Tamron etc, though for the Camera Body the output for variable "modl" includes Brand & Model; again, have I missed it or is there no option for that?

this is the first time I'm posting so if I've made any error in my post, kindly point it out so that I may rectify

thanks
Amit

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: IPTC Stationary Pad - Error about Lens info from EXIF data
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 11:27:54 AM »
Hi Amit,

Photo Mechanic will output whatever is in the EXIF data, and the camera maker determines how that gets written. However, Photo Mechanic does have a feature called Code Replacement that would let you customize how this appears in your descriptions.

You can read about the feature here:
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=Speeding_Up_Captioning

What you would do is create a text file with columns separated by TABs. In the first column you would put all the lens descriptions as they show up in EXIF.  In the second column you would put the description as you would like it to appear.

VR Zoom 150-600mm f/5-6.3G IF-ED   SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD

Then load that text file into Photo Mechanic via Edit > Settings > Set Code Replacements.

Then in your script you would place the variable inside the code replacement delimiters, use whatever variable is returning that description.  Example  \{lt}\

Again, read the manual page on this feature to help you get started.

I hope this helps,

-Mick

Mick O
Camera Bits