Author Topic: Emailing from PM 5 and Yoesemite  (Read 1788 times)

Offline jjphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Emailing from PM 5 and Yoesemite
« on: March 30, 2015, 07:15:54 AM »
Hi.. Im having severe email issues using Yosemite on my MacPro.  It's the old issue of sending from a Mac to a PC I suspect.  I have one client who I have worked with for many years but since the Yosemite upgrade he has been having issues with my images.  Using Mac Mail I do what I have always done and the images at his end on his PC come over distorted and if I attach more than one image per email they get to him merged into one distorted image.  He's tried to detach the images with no success.  I have been trying to email direct from PM5 to the same client but each of the individual emails still have distorted images in them.  I send using the original size box ticked so there should be no resizing taking place.
I used to use "Attachment Taimer" with my Mac Mail but this isn't supported in Yosemite.
Any ideas ?
JJ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Emailing from PM 5 and Yoesemite
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 10:52:24 AM »
Hi.. Im having severe email issues using Yosemite on my MacPro.  It's the old issue of sending from a Mac to a PC I suspect.  I have one client who I have worked with for many years but since the Yosemite upgrade he has been having issues with my images.  Using Mac Mail I do what I have always done and the images at his end on his PC come over distorted and if I attach more than one image per email they get to him merged into one distorted image.  He's tried to detach the images with no success.  I have been trying to email direct from PM5 to the same client but each of the individual emails still have distorted images in them.  I send using the original size box ticked so there should be no resizing taking place.
I used to use "Attachment Taimer" with my Mac Mail but this isn't supported in Yosemite.
Any ideas ?
JJ

You could always Copy/Save Photos As... to a folder and then in the Finder, compress the folder and then attach that zipped folder to an email for your client.  Then they can save the zip file and extract it.  They'll get the whole folder's worth of images, and they should be intact.

-Kirk

Offline Tommi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • FotoDesignTS
Re: Emailing from PM 5 and Yoesemite
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 09:28:49 AM »
Hello,
same problems here in Germany. The solution with compressing the files works, but it is uncomfortable and causes a loose of speed to deliver pictures. Please solve this problem soon! I use PM because it is very fast and simple accept the mailing via Mail. May be it is possible in a future version, to implement a own small software to mail pictures! This will solve a big problem for Mac users with Yosemite an Clients with Windows.

Tom
cu on location!

Tom