Author Topic: Image Preview camera info missing  (Read 3319 times)

Offline millerstreet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Image Preview camera info missing
« on: April 18, 2015, 06:25:52 AM »
The subject pretty much say it all - I have no camera info in my Image Preview section, no Info, no Tasks, no Crop, the Zoom does work, and the Pillsbury Doughboy hand shows up when I mouse over those  areas that aren't working.

I've tried closing and reopening PM, rebooting the laptop, and threatened it mightily with some carefully chosen words so as not to offend it too much.

Thanks for reading and hopefully having a solution!

Best,

Larry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Image Preview camera info missing
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 12:04:34 PM »
Larry,

The subject pretty much say it all - I have no camera info in my Image Preview section, no Info, no Tasks, no Crop, the Zoom does work, and the Pillsbury Doughboy hand shows up when I mouse over those  areas that aren't working.

I've tried closing and reopening PM, rebooting the laptop, and threatened it mightily with some carefully chosen words so as not to offend it too much.

Thanks for reading and hopefully having a solution!

It would be very helpful if you could provide more information about your system.  What OS are you running?

It sounds like you have just hidden the right side controls.  Press 'r' to restore the panes.  If not, you may need to reset your preferences.  At the top of this message board there are two permanent posts that describe how to reset Photo Mechanic's preferences on your system.  Please choose the one that applies to you and follow the instructions there.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 12:10:13 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline millerstreet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 06:42:56 AM »
The OS is Windows 7, 64 bit Professional Ed.  Resetting the preferences doesn't cause any change, and pressing 'R' doesn't do anything.

In the image preview pane, when I mouse over the "Info" window identifier, I get the "move" icon. Same for Tasks, Histogram, Crop.  Oddly, the Zoom box can be checked and resizing words.  Completely frustrating.  No changes have been made in over a year other than regular PM updates. I had the setting like I wanted them.  Pretty frustrating.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 10:06:32 AM »
The OS is Windows 7, 64 bit Professional Ed.  Resetting the preferences doesn't cause any change, and pressing 'R' doesn't do anything.

In the image preview pane, when I mouse over the "Info" window identifier, I get the "move" icon. Same for Tasks, Histogram, Crop.  Oddly, the Zoom box can be checked and resizing words.  Completely frustrating.  No changes have been made in over a year other than regular PM updates. I had the setting like I wanted them.  Pretty frustrating.

Please post a screen shot (in JPEG format) that illustrates what you're seeing.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline millerstreet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 07:33:51 PM »
Here's the screen shot, however the pillsbury doughboy hand cursor doesn't appear when I take a normal screenshot or using the snipping tool.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 10:08:53 PM »
Here's the screen shot, however the pillsbury doughboy hand cursor doesn't appear when I take a normal screenshot or using the snipping tool.

Grab the vertical splitter between the preview area and the right panel and drag it to the side.  You should now see the triangles that control whether the group box is expanded or not.  Click on the triangles to expand the groups you wish to see.

HTH,

-Kirk