Author Topic: PM5 and IIQ Phase One RAW Format  (Read 33954 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM5 and IIQ Phase One RAW Format
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2015, 11:25:47 AM »
Jochen,

Unfortunately, it appears that Apple's ImageIO framework cannot render your IIQ images.  I'll try one last change to see if it will make any difference but I don't expect it to work.  I'll have a new build for you in a few minutes.  I don't know why the quick look feature works for (perhaps PhaseOne installed a quicklook handler) you.

Following Info I received from PhaseOne some days before:

Die eingebetteten Previews in den RAW-Dateien dienten hauptsächlich dazu, im Finder alter Mac OS X-Versionen zumindest eine kleine Vorschau anzeigen zu können. Mittlerweile lässt sich dies durch Quicklook anders handhaben. so dass in der Vorschau bzw im Finder schon eine höher auflösende Preview gerendert wird. Ist einmal Capture One auf einem aktuellen Mac OS X installiert, werden die Previews auch entsprechend größer gerändert.

I ran Google Translate on that text and it is clear to me that when CaptureOne was installed on your system it added a Quick Look handler for IIQ images.  Unfortunately this does not give the entire OS the ability to load IIQ images in high quality.

Earlier you mentioned that the DNGs load in high quality, but poor color.  If you change your RAW settings in Photo Mechanic to look like the following, do DNG images have better color?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline spassig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 09:40:25 PM »
Hello Kirk

Attached screenshot with V16402 and the zip:

Regards

Jochen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 10:47:26 PM »
Jochin,

Please reference my previous post and change your RAW settings to match my RAW settings.  Then view your DNG files (I no longer need the zip files) and show me what they look like.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline spassig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 10:56:35 PM »
Jochin,

Please reference my previous post and change your RAW settings to match my RAW settings.  Then view your DNG files (I no longer need the zip files) and show me what they look like.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Hello Kirk

Here the result attached.

Jochen

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 11:11:53 PM »
Ok, so the issue is that the colours of the dng looks off to you. Well, I'm pretty sure that's just because the interpretation adobe and the camera/capture one are giving is different. I bet you that if you open the file in an adobe application it will look the same as the dng...
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline spassig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2015, 02:53:35 AM »
Additionally info:

Open pictures as RAW in Photoshop CS 6 and C1 attached.

IIQ, DNG, TIFF in CS6
TIFF in C1.

Jochen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2015, 08:11:44 AM »
Ok, so the issue is that the colours of the dng looks off to you. Well, I'm pretty sure that's just because the interpretation adobe and the camera/capture one are giving is different. I bet you that if you open the file in an adobe application it will look the same as the dng...

It does look the same.

Jochen,

Is there any adjustments you can make in Photoshop/ACR that will give you the same color as you get in CaptureOne?

This is just for curiosity's sake.  I have reached a dead end in my ability at this time to make changes to PM5 to improve the support for your camera.

-Kirk

Offline spassig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2015, 08:39:57 AM »
Jochen,

Is there any adjustments you can make in Photoshop/ACR that will give you the same color as you get in CaptureOne?

This is just for curiosity's sake.  I have reached a dead end in my ability at this time to make changes to PM5 to improve the support for your camera.

-Kirk

Hello Kirk

Thanks for help.

I'm not so familiar with color editing. Mostly I develop Black and White pictures ;-)
I will still test PM5 for some days.
The reason for me to test PM5 was:
I read some very positiv benchmarks in www.
I think this was about handling of not PO files and transfer to Capture One.
Previews, Keywords, Ranking ...

I don't shot thousand of pictures per projects.
I will use C1 for Previews, Keywords, Ranking ... in future.
C1 is on a right track I think ;-)

Regards

Jochen