Author Topic: Ingest folder dates.  (Read 1555 times)

Offline tsrowden

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest folder dates.
« on: May 12, 2015, 11:28:17 AM »
hello all,

apologies if i have overlooked how to do this.  is there a way to ingest into separate folders defined by capture date?  i tried variables but can't seem to make it happen this way.

thanks in advance.

t.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest folder dates.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 01:29:48 PM »
apologies if i have overlooked how to do this.  is there a way to ingest into separate folders defined by capture date?  i tried variables but can't seem to make it happen this way.

Variables are exactly what you want to use in this case.  See the attached image for the Ingest dialog settings.

-Kirk

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline tsrowden

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 04:59:43 PM »
thanks so much this worked perfectly.  could you possibly tell me how to remove the import date folder and import folders directly to a selected folder?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 05:24:54 PM »
thanks so much this worked perfectly.  could you possibly tell me how to remove the import date folder and import folders directly to a selected folder?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking?  You don't want a dated folder any longer?  Do you want to create a different folder naming scheme?

Here is the documentation on Ingest:

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Ingesting_Images

-Kirk