Author Topic: Assigning keywords for bird photography  (Read 4069 times)

Offline ericbowles

• Newcomer
  • Professional Photographer
    • View Profile
    • Bowles Images
Assigning keywords for bird photography
« on: May 13, 2015, 02:21:14 PM »
I'm looking for a faster way to apply keywords on photographs of birds.  I frequently have images of one or more species of bird from an outing.  The location and many of the keywords are standard.  Then I will have species specific information for caption, description, and keyword.  Is there a way to use shortcuts, quick keys, or some other method to assign name, species, and behavioral descriptors?
Eric Bowles

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Assigning keywords for bird photography
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 02:25:23 PM »
Eric,

I'm looking for a faster way to apply keywords on photographs of birds.  I frequently have images of one or more species of bird from an outing.  The location and many of the keywords are standard.  Then I will have species specific information for caption, description, and keyword.  Is there a way to use shortcuts, quick keys, or some other method to assign name, species, and behavioral descriptors?

Have you tried using the Keywords Panel and the Structured Keywords Panel?  They're not modal and allow you to apply flat keywords and hierarchical keywords (respectively) from within the Contact Sheet.

-Kirk