Author Topic: PM5 & Live Ingest with Nikon D 4  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Dave Duff

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM5 & Live Ingest with Nikon D 4
« on: May 15, 2015, 12:37:26 PM »
Hi, I have PM 5 on trial at the moment but want to test the Live Ingest with a tethered connection from the D4, I am using a iMac ( OSX Y Version 10.10.3) and MacBook pro (OS X Y 10.10.2). Go through set up right to Ingest Tasks box, states that PM Ingest: waiting for Files to Ingest. Images taken but don't arrive on the PM.
Strangely if I run LR5 and do a simultaneous tethered shoot, PM ingests the images.. Any suggestions to achieve the direct ingest.
many thanks
D

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM5 & Live Ingest with Nikon D 4
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 02:04:42 PM »
Dave,

Hi, I have PM 5 on trial at the moment but want to test the Live Ingest with a tethered connection from the D4, I am using a iMac ( OSX Y Version 10.10.3) and MacBook pro (OS X Y 10.10.2). Go through set up right to Ingest Tasks box, states that PM Ingest: waiting for Files to Ingest. Images taken but don't arrive on the PM.
Strangely if I run LR5 and do a simultaneous tethered shoot, PM ingests the images.. Any suggestions to achieve the direct ingest.
many thanks

Live Ingest looks for files that arrive in the folder you tell it to monitor.  You'll need to find a way to get your camera to send the images to the folder that you're monitoring with LiveIngest.  LiveIngest does not directly communicate with your camera.

-Kirk