Author Topic: Ability to delete saved crop settings???  (Read 3854 times)

Offline schlotz

• View Profile
Ability to delete saved crop settings???
« on: May 24, 2015, 04:59:12 AM »
In the crop tool settings window if I hit the lighting bolt icon a display of saved aspect ratios is shown.  How can I delete some of these?

Matt

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ability to delete saved crop settings???
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 08:53:31 AM »
Matt,

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Snapshots

Snapshots can be managed by modifier-clicking on the named entry in the snapshot list. This brings up the Finder or Windows Explorer opened to the folder where the Snapshots are saved.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=Modifier_Key

Basically, hold down the "modifier key" (Option on Mac, Shift on Windows) while you choose one of your snapshots and it will be revealed in the Finder (Mac) or Windows Explorer (Windows).  You'll see all of the snapshots.  You can delete, rename, copy, etc. from there.

-Kirk

Offline schlotz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 10:53:26 AM »
Kirk,  It's about the crop tool where you can save an aspect ratio like 3 x 2 and give it a label.  I've done some in the past that I want to get rid of but cannot find a way to do that. I've tried holding down the alt/option key or the command key and clicking on the "snapshot i.e. lighting bolt" key but nothing allows me to delete the entries.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 10:59:45 AM by schlotz »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 09:44:20 PM »
Kirk,  It's about the crop tool where you can save an aspect ratio like 3 x 2 and give it a label.  I've done some in the past that I want to get rid of but cannot find a way to do that. I've tried holding down the alt/option key or the command key and clicking on the "snapshot i.e. lighting bolt" key but nothing allows me to delete the entries.

I just tried it.  It worked fine for me.  You need to hold down the Option key while you choose one of the items.  If you're on Windows, you use the Shift key, not the Alt key.

-Kirk

Offline schlotz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 05:51:17 AM »
Bingo!  That was it Kirk... I wasn't doing it right, had to first bring up the choices then do the Option-click on one of them.

Thanks!

Offline mfrphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 10:09:27 AM »
Thank you Kirk! You are helpful as always -  I was looking for how to save and export crop settings to a different version of Photo Mechanic and you answered it here. I'm grateful!
Mike