Author Topic: background color and text color change in navigator in build 16438  (Read 5082 times)

Offline fearless

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
the change is bothering my eyes for some reason - the white text on the darker background makes it hard for me to read.  I cant see a way to adjust to get gray text as it was so want to go back to previous build.  Should I uninstall the latest version before going back to older one?  If there is a way to change the color of the navigator pane and the text color, please let me know.

thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: background color and text color change in navigator in build 16438
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 11:01:09 AM »
the change is bothering my eyes for some reason - the white text on the darker background makes it hard for me to read.  I cant see a way to adjust to get gray text as it was so want to go back to previous build.  Should I uninstall the latest version before going back to older one?  If there is a way to change the color of the navigator pane and the text color, please let me know.

Nothing related to colors was changed in build 16438.  What was your prior version/build?

-Kirk

Tony Support

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 11:05:28 AM »

thanks

Hello Fearless,

As of right now there is no way to make the change that you are requesting. If you CTRL+click (right click) on a folder in the navigator pane and click on preferences there is a way to change the color of selected folders and text.

Please port your request on the feature requests forum:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?board=3.0

-Tony

Offline fearless

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 07:50:28 PM »
to Kirk - the previous build was 16299.  Navigator was background was charcoal with grey writing.  Now black with white writing.  All else the same.... 

to Tony - properties let me change the folder icon - not text color - as far as I can see...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 08:28:21 PM »
to Kirk - the previous build was 16299.  Navigator was background was charcoal with grey writing.  Now black with white writing.  All else the same.... 

Can I see a screen shot of what it looks like, please?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline fearless

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 06:28:08 AM »
Hi again - screenshots of both versions.  Not a huge difference however the white text tires my eyes.  All other schemes identical.  Not sure why this changed.

I experience a crash last night when in preview with 16438.  Was trying to see previous image and I received a run time error.  Crash report sent in.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline GrantCC

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 02:51:18 PM »
Hi,

I quite like the grey background in Navigator, but my background is white. Can I change this some way?

Thanks
Grant

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 03:39:17 PM »
Grant,

I quite like the grey background in Navigator, but my background is white. Can I change this some way?

Sure.  Use the darker UI instead of the lighter UI:

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Accessibility_Preferences

"Use lighter interface theme on dialogs and message boxes: Use this option if you require a change for readability."

(uncheck the checkbox)

-Kirk

Offline GrantCC

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 03:41:43 PM »
That's it! Great, thanks.