Author Topic: SFTP  (Read 5258 times)

Offline kevin mcintyre

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
SFTP
« on: June 03, 2015, 11:33:34 PM »
Hi the company I work is changing FTP to SFTP at the end of this mont 30 June 2015. We are currently running PM v5.0 build 16299.

Problem is that FTP works fine and quickly, SFTP takes a lot longer to connect and file, most of the time the connection will time out and presents the error "request': execution expired (see attachments), sometimes it will work on a 4G wifi device. The selected uploader is SFTP

We have done the setup with filezilla so that when logging on to the SFTP server for the first time you get a footprint message of security to which we are able to accept certificates, etc. We thought this was the problem to which the server would time out because it ran out of time for the authentication process. (check attch messages)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: SFTP
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:48:32 AM »
Kevin,

Hi the company I work is changing FTP to SFTP at the end of this mont 30 June 2015. We are currently running PM v5.0 build 16299.

Problem is that FTP works fine and quickly, SFTP takes a lot longer to connect and file, most of the time the connection will time out and presents the error "request': execution expired (see attachments), sometimes it will work on a 4G wifi device. The selected uploader is SFTP

We have done the setup with filezilla so that when logging on to the SFTP server for the first time you get a footprint message of security to which we are able to accept certificates, etc. We thought this was the problem to which the server would time out because it ran out of time for the authentication process. (check attch messages)

Would it be possible to get some temporary credentials so we could troubleshoot from our end?  If so, send me a personal message by clicking on my name to the left of this message and choose the "Send PM" link in my profile.  Please do not post the credentials here.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline mariengb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 09:45:18 PM »
Hej,

I'm sorry to jump into this post. Just to had that I have exactly the same problem!

Code: [Select]
SFTP ./ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:54:in `request': execution expired
Code: [Select]
SFTP ./ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/net/ssh/transport/algorithms.rb:296:in `negotiate': could not settle on kex algorithm
This 2 errors are alternating. Exactly the same thing than Kevin. Logged via Filezilla = No Problem.

For your troubleshooting, it's a personal NAS Synology (DS414Play), PM 5 16438, OS X 10.2

Thanks and let me know if I should open another post...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:47:23 PM by mariengb »
Trying to build up an open-source keyword catalogue.
https://github.com/neiram44/OSKC/

Offline mariengb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 03:40:44 AM »
Is there any professional support here? Question still pending...

Tony Support

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 09:06:28 AM »
Hello,

Does using the IP address (203.99.69.10) yield any different results?

If it connects we may be running into a DNS resolution conflict.

-Tony N.
Camera Bits Technical Support.

Offline mariengb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 12:52:18 PM »
Hello Tony,

Thanks for the proposal but still not working... Same issue with kex and negotiate...

Offline mariengb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 09:25:30 AM »
Hello...? Is it the holidays for everybody here...???

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 01:54:45 PM »
Hello...? Is it the holidays for everybody here...???

I suggest contacting support at +1 (503) 547-2888 for troubleshooting help.  Without having access to your server this will be a tough one to solve and even tougher with the delays associated with an information exchange medium like a forum.

-Kirk