Author Topic: Build 16438 does not automatically open sub-folders when they are created  (Read 3428 times)

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
Kirk,

Since updating to the latest build a couple of weeks ago I have noticed that when I generate a sub-folder with a jpeg from a raw or tiff image the sub-folder does not automatically open the contact sheet as it always did before.  Any ideas what it could be?

I am running Win7 Pro 64bit.

Best regards
David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
David,

Since updating to the latest build a couple of weeks ago I have noticed that when I generate a sub-folder with a jpeg from a raw or tiff image the sub-folder does not automatically open the contact sheet as it always did before.  Any ideas what it could be?

What feature in PM are you using to generate the subfolder?

-Kirk

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
Thanks Kirk.

I have an open contact sheet for one folder that is full of NEF images.

I then convert one or more images to jpeg to go into a sub-folder. The conversion takes place and the sub-folder is generated but now does not automatically open alongside the the parent contact sheet as it always did in earlier versions. Now have to manually open it.

Hopefully this helps.
David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
David,

I have an open contact sheet for one folder that is full of NEF images.

I then convert one or more images to jpeg to go into a sub-folder. The conversion takes place and the sub-folder is generated but now does not automatically open alongside the the parent contact sheet as it always did in earlier versions. Now have to manually open it.

What is doing this conversion?  PM does not have any RAW conversion capabilities in it.  (Well, the Mac version can use Apple's renderer but its not much of a RAW converter.)

Maybe it would be best if you posted a screen shot showing your settings.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
Kirk,

The attachment shows that a NEF image can be converted to a jpeg, TIF or PSD image using PM. In this case I am converting the NEF file to a low resolution jpeg image.

When I convert the image and at the same time send it to the sub-folder it doesn't open any longer as it used to.

I hope that this is clear.

Best regards,
David

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
David,

Please set the "Open destination as a Contact Sheet" checkbox.

-Kirk

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
Kirk,

Smack, smack naughty boy..........

Sorry Kirk, thanks for your tolerance and time. Back to school tomorrow!

Best rgds,
David