Author Topic: CMD E command not Launching Photoshop with image to view on Mac  (Read 2544 times)

Offline ruggerbloke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi Kirk. I have looked at the forum for answers to my issue but none are the exact answer I need.

I have a Macbook Pro, I5 Processor,  8gb Ram,OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks, running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16438 (e61be25) and Adobe Photoshop Essentials 12. My issue is that all of a sudden I can no longer open up Photoshop and display the required image for editing by pressing either CMD E or just E . Photoshop Editor does open up, but does not display an image to edit. I can however click, hold and drag the required image from the PM Contact sheet into the Photoshop Icon in the  Dock whereby it opens up for editing. In my Preferences in PM I have included Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app as the default application, via path Finder\Applications\Adobe Photoshop Elements\Support File\s Editor.app. I have uninstalled \ re installed Elements 12 twice, Elements 13 on trial, and also Lightroom. All open with the click & drag option, but none work with CMD E or E keys.

I don't see this as a viable solution as I have used PM and Photoshop for a few years(brilliant product by the way), and my fingers are programmed to click on CMD E, edit in PS, CMD S, CMD W, add IPCT,  CMDS and CMD U. Even now I know CMD E doesn't work, I'm still pressing these keys before reverting back to click & drag.

I have also tried to reinstall PM. I trashed the old copy after deactivating my license, then downloading the new version from my account. After this is installed all the old settings still seem to be present, rather than have to completely reconfigure. Reconfiguration is the only solution I haven't tried. Although a pain, I'm happy to do this if it fixes my issue. I only have a couple of weeks whereby using the click and drag option is no longer viable when sending live from pitch side(soccer).

I'd like to think this is a schoolboy error on my part whereby I have changed something by mistake, and will gladly hold my hand up if that is the case. 

Any help greatly appreciated. If I had any hair to pull out I would as this issue is starting to really get to me. Cheers, Denis Murphy

Offline ruggerbloke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: CMD E command not Launching Photoshop with image to view on Mac
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 01:02:49 AM »
Hi Kirk. Just want to update you on my previous post and advise any other PM users on the solution I found which might help. I followed your procedure on the forum for Resetting Preferences on Mac OS. This worked perfectly. I can now open up my contact sheet images in Photoshop as before. Brilliant. I also now have a saved Preference file that I can import in the future should this situation ever arise again.This is the only time I've had a hiccup in 5 years with PM!

Keep up the great work, PM rocks (again now).

Cheers,

Denis

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: CMD E command not Launching Photoshop with image to view on Mac
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 09:01:47 AM »
Good to hear it, Denis. Thank you for the kind words as well.

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits