Author Topic: Ingest vs Using the Windows menu  (Read 3000 times)

Offline GrantCC

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest vs Using the Windows menu
« on: June 18, 2015, 03:56:55 PM »
Hi,

I'm wondering what the difference between 'Ingest' and just using the Navigator is? And, I've found I can't 'Ingest' using the folder direct from my EOS 70D (Canon100) unless I copy the folder to the hard drive. Is this normal?

Also, I'll need to pay for this today but wondered if there's any promotions I should know about. The Aussie dollars not much against the US so the $150.00 becomes over $200.00!

Thanks
Grant

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest vs Using the Windows menu
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 05:20:02 PM »
Grant,

I'm wondering what the difference between 'Ingest' and just using the Navigator is? And, I've found I can't 'Ingest' using the folder direct from my EOS 70D (Canon100) unless I copy the folder to the hard drive. Is this normal?

Ingest is a downloader that copies images from your camera's card, but the card must be inserted into a dedicated card reader.  The Navigator simply shows you your computer's file system and lets you navigate your various drives/folders/shares and open the folders as a Contact Sheet.  Ingest does not work directly with the card while it is inserted in your camera unless you can put your camera in a mode where its card shows up as a drive-letter (Windows) or a volume (Mac).

Also, I'll need to pay for this today but wondered if there's any promotions I should know about. The Aussie dollars not much against the US so the $150.00 becomes over $200.00!

I'm checking with the customer service folks now and I'll post again if there is an applicable promotion available.

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 09:07:41 AM »
Hey there Grant, we don't have any promotions running at the moment. If we do announce anything, the Camera Bits Facebook page is the place to be to hear it first. Make sure you like us over there if you haven't already. Also, we do offer discounts through professional associations like ASMP, NPPA, KelbyOne, and others. We also have discounts for PhotoShelter users. If you belong to any similar groups, check their member pages. If you don't see Photo Mechanic, ask them to contact us.

Hope this helps!

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline GrantCC

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 01:37:25 PM »
Thanks Guys

Offline GrantCC

• Newcomer