Author Topic: Tick box use with photoshop  (Read 2411 times)

Offline photographyjp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tick box use with photoshop
« on: June 13, 2015, 11:48:25 PM »
Hi.  When editing my pictures I use the tick box option to select which ones I want.  I then open them in photoshop.  When finished working on them in photoshop I close them down and go back into photo mechanic where the tick has gone.  This way I know which ones I have worked on.  Since upgrading to the latest version of photo mechanic this no longer happens. Is there something I should change in preferences?  thanks

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tick box use with photoshop
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 11:46:48 AM »
Hi.  When editing my pictures I use the tick box option to select which ones I want.  I then open them in photoshop.  When finished working on them in photoshop I close them down and go back into photo mechanic where the tick has gone.  This way I know which ones I have worked on.  Since upgrading to the latest version of photo mechanic this no longer happens. Is there something I should change in preferences?  thanks

No.  Photoshop no longer eliminates our data now that we put it in XMP (or IPTC if you have PM creating IPTC for you).

-Kirk

Offline photographyjp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 02:43:58 AM »
ok thanks.  Don't really understand any of the above but no worries.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 09:42:19 AM »
ok thanks.  Don't really understand any of the above but no worries.

Older versions of Photo Mechanic put those settings only at the end of a JPEG file.  Photoshop did not preserve that information when it would update/rewrite a JPEG and as such it would be lost.  PM5 now puts that same information only in the metadata of the file which Photoshop preserves when it updates a file.

-Kirk