Author Topic: Serious PM crash problem  (Read 4773 times)

Offline FotNed

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Serious PM crash problem
« on: June 23, 2015, 01:27:42 PM »

Hi Kirk & co.
Having a serious problem with PM... I believe related to the newest update(16438)
Without warning PM "hangs" with all of the pics in the folder being displayed blacked out... and then each, randomly & very briefly flashing back as visible...
(sort of a whack a mole situation with the pictures being the moles)
The only solution is to restart PM, which may run smoothly for a few min. or crash again almost immediately.
Never had anything even close to this happen in all the years I have been using PM.
 I have a short video clip of the screen while this is happening and a windows crash report file for you if that would help.
Busy afternoon/night tomorrow so I will def. have to revert to the prev. version before work(always keep the last two in reserve, just in case,-} )
Everything else works just fine/nothing else updated or changed in any way & this is my personal machine so no one else has fiddled with it.
Info otherwise is;
Alienware PC/ i5 /16gig ram/NVIDAGeForce GT 540M/win7(sp1)/250gig OCZ Vector SSD 550/530 RW
PM 5 Build 16438/PS CC 2015

Thanks
Ned

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Serious PM crash problem
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 02:48:29 PM »
Ned,

Hi Kirk & co.
Having a serious problem with PM... I believe related to the newest update(16438)
Without warning PM "hangs" with all of the pics in the folder being displayed blacked out... and then each, randomly & very briefly flashing back as visible...
(sort of a whack a mole situation with the pictures being the moles)
The only solution is to restart PM, which may run smoothly for a few min. or crash again almost immediately.
Never had anything even close to this happen in all the years I have been using PM.
 I have a short video clip of the screen while this is happening and a windows crash report file for you if that would help.
Busy afternoon/night tomorrow so I will def. have to revert to the prev. version before work(always keep the last two in reserve, just in case,-} )
Everything else works just fine/nothing else updated or changed in any way & this is my personal machine so no one else has fiddled with it.
Info otherwise is;
Alienware PC/ i5 /16gig ram/NVIDAGeForce GT 540M/win7(sp1)/250gig OCZ Vector SSD 550/530 RW
PM 5 Build 16438/PS CC 2015

Sounds like a bad install.  I suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling build 16438.

-Kirk

Offline FotNed

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 03:57:40 PM »
Hi Kirk & thanks for the quick reply... but sorry been there done that(twice)

I act did the update Thurs. last & it checked out OK... Drove 4hrs. to cover a fotball match Sat. Got there, fired her up & set code replacements for the match etc. Did some pre-match stuff just before the game and just as the match started poof! As have to shoot/send/edited-ready to use shots continuously during the match(wire service) this crashing was a big problem...
No idea what happened... nothing was changed from Thurs. to Sat... Here are the video clip & crash report...I have another match to cover tomorrow night, so I'll have to roll back to the last good version before that... if you need any other info before I swap back let me know;-)

Ned

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 05:46:58 PM »
Ned,

Hi Kirk & thanks for the quick reply... but sorry been there done that(twice)

OK, I'd like to see your PM.log file.  Don't post it here though.  I'll send you a personal message with the details.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline FotNed

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 02:28:01 AM »
Thanks Kirk... done;-)