Author Topic: Loaded on to a new laptop, couple of questions  (Read 1491 times)

Offline kevin riley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Loaded on to a new laptop, couple of questions
« on: June 29, 2015, 09:07:30 PM »
Hey there, 

Thanks for the new key that you sent me, the software loaded quite nicely onto my new laptop.  Just uploaded a job to the newspaper and it looks like it went through fine.

One, very small issue which I can easily get around but I was just wondering:  In my old set up, I was able to double click (left side of mouse) in the upper margin (empty space of the tool bar) in the edit mode to get back to my contact sheet.  I mirrored all of my settings from my other computer and still no luck.  The edit frame just fills the frame by a very small amount.  I am using a magic mouse on the new laptop whereas I was using an off the shelf microsoft mouse on my old one.  Both laptops are mac book pros.

The other question I have is what is the Manage Colors button.  I notice the colors get more or less vibrant depending on my clicking but I've never known what the reason behind the choices

Thanks,

Kevin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Loaded on to a new laptop, couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 10:00:48 PM »
Kevin,

One, very small issue which I can easily get around but I was just wondering:  In my old set up, I was able to double click (left side of mouse) in the upper margin (empty space of the tool bar) in the edit mode to get back to my contact sheet.  I mirrored all of my settings from my other computer and still no luck.  The edit frame just fills the frame by a very small amount.  I am using a magic mouse on the new laptop whereas I was using an off the shelf microsoft mouse on my old one.  Both laptops are mac book pros.

I'm not sure I follow?  You are wanting to close the Preview window?  Escape or space bar will both close the Preview window.  Clicking the close box on the window will also close it.  Double-clicking on the preview image will also close the Preview window.  I know of no other 'special area' to click on.

The other question I have is what is the Manage Colors button.  I notice the colors get more or less vibrant depending on my clicking but I've never known what the reason behind the choices

When the button is colorful, the image is color matched to the color profile for your display.  When the button is desaturated, the image is drawn to your display without regards to matching color to your display.

-Kirk