Author Topic: How to associate a Stationery Pad template with an Ingest snapshot?  (Read 3595 times)

Offline Cyrano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Running PM 5.0, build 16438 under Windows 8.1:

When I select one specific Ingest snapshot, then examine the ITPC Stationery Pad associated with that Snapshot, I find the Title field is a fixed value (one which I must have set some time ago.) What must I do to associate a new value for that field (e.g., a variable), so that the new value is sticky -- i.e., the next time I open this snapshot, it will bring with it the correct/updated Stationery Pad?

I've tried simply changing the value for the field, then saving the Stationery Pad template, but the saved changes are not reflected the next time I open the Ingest snapshot.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to associate a Stationery Pad template with an Ingest snapshot?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 09:02:54 AM »
Snapshots in Ingest do not save/restore the IPTC Stationery Pad settings.  You'll have to load them separately.

-Kirk

Offline Cyrano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 12:06:36 PM »
Snapshots in Ingest do not save/restore the IPTC Stationery Pad settings.  You'll have to load them separately.

-Kirk

It may not be an intentional feature, but in my installation, it seems at least one of my Ingest snapshots does invoke some saved Stationery Pad settings.

I have 5 saved snapshots for Ingest. 4 of those snapshots, when invoked, have one set of Stationery Pad settings associated with them. By this, I mean that immediately after loading the snapshot, if I then open the Stationery Pad, I see a set of settings I'll call "set A."

The 5th snapshot has a different set of Stationery Pad settings associated with it. By this, I mean that immediately after loading the snapshot, if I then open the Stationery Pad, I see a different set of settings, a "set B", which is not congruent to "set A."

I have no idea how I created this situation.

Ideally, I'd like to figure out how I did create this situation, so that I can do so intentionally in the future, and save bespoke Stationery Pad settings as appropriate defaults for specific Ingest snapshots.

If this ideal can't be achieved, I'd like to understand how I could edit the "default" settings for Stationery Pad which are invoked when I open Ingest. (I've confirmed these settings are not the same settings as in the saved Stationery Pad settings file named "Default.")

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 12:26:35 PM »
Ingest supports using a local stationery pad and a global stationery pad.  I suspect that one of your snapshots differs from the others in its choice of local vs. global stationery pad.  And for this reason you're seeing differences when you bring up the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog after loading a snapshot.

Neither the local nor the global IPTC Stationery Pad are stored in the Ingest snapshot.

-Kirk

Offline Cyrano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 01:32:10 PM »
Ingest supports using a local stationery pad and a global stationery pad.  I suspect that one of your snapshots differs from the others in its choice of local vs. global stationery pad.  And for this reason you're seeing differences when you bring up the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog after loading a snapshot.

Neither the local nor the global IPTC Stationery Pad are stored in the Ingest snapshot.

-Kirk

Is there any way I can control which of the two stationery pads (local, global) Ingest chooses for a given snapshot?

Is there any way I can edit either or both of the two stationery pads?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 02:30:57 PM »

Is there any way I can control which of the two stationery pads (local, global) Ingest chooses for a given snapshot?

Yes, you must choose to apply the IPTC Stationery Pad and then choose either local or global, and then re-save your snapshot.

Is there any way I can edit either or both of the two stationery pads?
[/quote]

Yes, just edit them, but they won't be saved to your snapshot.

-Kirk