Author Topic: Export to LightRoom Problem  (Read 1591 times)

Offline blackbox

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Export to LightRoom Problem
« on: July 14, 2015, 05:19:07 AM »
It seems that no matter how I export my files from Photo Mechanic into LightRoom, ALL of my photos in my folder are exported, Not just the ones that I highlighted.  So, for example, if I have filtered out just my Winners (say 100 images) and chosen all of them, when I export by either dragging to LR or hitting 'Command E' all of the files from my folder (say 500 images) end up in LightRoom, not just the Winners. 

Did I change a preference somehow??

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Export to LightRoom Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:43:07 AM »
It seems that no matter how I export my files from Photo Mechanic into LightRoom, ALL of my photos in my folder are exported, Not just the ones that I highlighted.  So, for example, if I have filtered out just my Winners (say 100 images) and chosen all of them, when I export by either dragging to LR or hitting 'Command E' all of the files from my folder (say 500 images) end up in LightRoom, not just the Winners. 

Did I change a preference somehow??

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Did this ever work differently for you?  I am not a Lightroom expert, but It is my understanding that LR will scan the entire folder of any image sent to it.  It does not work well as an editor of individual files unlike Photoshop which works only with the images you send to it.

-Kirk