Author Topic: PM 5(16438) XMP (maybe?) and LR CC locking up...  (Read 2354 times)

Offline JimKarczewski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 5(16438) XMP (maybe?) and LR CC locking up...
« on: July 19, 2015, 11:23:08 PM »
I use photo mechanic a good amount. In the last week or so LR CC has started locking I import files.   Almost seems like the sidecar .XMP (or something weird) is causing LRCC to lock up hard on Windows 8.1 (when data is edited, not left as default when imported) when I try to do an import. I thought clearing the Cache worked at one point in LRCC, but not this latest time.

I just imported a folder of 2000 photos that I shot last night and did not edit any ITPC data in PM, just imported.  No issues.  The folders I have had issues with were cropped and captioned in PM and contained less than 20 files.

LRCC version is 2015.1 with Camera Raw 9.1

Offline JimKarczewski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM 5(16438) XMP (maybe?) and LR CC locking up...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 11:27:02 PM »
BTW, This seems to have started just last week or two when the newest release of LRCC comes out.  Unfortunately I can't contact Adobe because support hours are M-F 5AM-7PM, so until then, figured I would ask to see if anyone else has had issues???

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 10:34:26 AM »
What happens if you do all of your work in LR and don't use PM at all?  Does LR still have problems?

-Kirk

Offline JimKarczewski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 11:09:29 AM »
I'll have to try importing directly using LR later today.   I doubt it will have any issues as the 2000 photos I did last night had no issues after importing a PM Ingest.   It seems only files I've touched with cropping or captioning.  But I'll check tonight when I finish my golf tournament.

Offline JimKarczewski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 08:31:40 PM »
Well, it seemed like it was the only thing that changed on my PC.. But came down to a new version of the video driver snuck it's way onto my PC and that's what caused LRCC to lock.  I had to buy the one series of video cards that doesn't work with the latest updated driver installed.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 10:47:15 PM »
Well, it seemed like it was the only thing that changed on my PC.. But came down to a new version of the video driver snuck it's way onto my PC and that's what caused LRCC to lock.  I had to buy the one series of video cards that doesn't work with the latest updated driver installed.

I'm glad you solved your problem, Jim.

-Kirk