Author Topic: Video files ingest to PRXY folder  (Read 3582 times)

Offline Cyrano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Video files ingest to PRXY folder
« on: July 16, 2015, 02:10:39 PM »
Running Photo Mechanic version 5.0.0.0 build 16438 (e61be25) under Windows 8.1:

I've set up Ingest with this folder specification:

{year4}\{month0} - {monthname}\{yr2}{mn0}{day0} {jobname}\{type}

Image files get saved into folders whose names match the file types: .JPG files get saved to folders named ...\JPG, and .CR2 files get saved to folders named ...\CR2.

However, video files of various types (.AVI, .MOV) all end up in folders named ...\PRXY.

Any ideas on why this is happening, and how to fix, will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Video files ingest to PRXY folder
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 07:01:32 PM »
Tony,

Running Photo Mechanic version 5.0.0.0 build 16438 (e61be25) under Windows 8.1:

I've set up Ingest with this folder specification:

{year4}\{month0} - {monthname}\{yr2}{mn0}{day0} {jobname}\{type}

Image files get saved into folders whose names match the file types: .JPG files get saved to folders named ...\JPG, and .CR2 files get saved to folders named ...\CR2.

However, video files of various types (.AVI, .MOV) all end up in folders named ...\PRXY.

Any ideas on why this is happening, and how to fix, will be appreciated.

Do you have QuickTime installed?  If not, then PM cannot handle video files and treats them all as unknown (proxy) files.

-Kirk

Offline Cyrano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 08:47:58 PM »
Tony,

Do you have QuickTime installed?  If not, then PM cannot handle video files and treats them all as unknown (proxy) files.

-Kirk

I didn't ... but I do now! I'll post again when I've confirmed this fixes the issue.

Thanks!

Offline Cyrano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 08:33:52 AM »
After installing QuickTime, I tested ingest with a card containing .MOV files. PM created two folders: ...\MooV (which contained the .MOV files) and ...\PRXY (which contained the camera's video index files.) Uppercase and lowercase letters in the folder names are as PM created them.

Is this normal? For the .MOV files, I was expecting a folder named ...\MOV, not ...\MooV.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 08:36:56 AM »
After installing QuickTime, I tested ingest with a card containing .MOV files. PM created two folders: ...\MooV (which contained the .MOV files) and ...\PRXY (which contained the camera's video index files.) Uppercase and lowercase letters in the folder names are as PM created them.

Is this normal? For the .MOV files, I was expecting a folder named ...\MOV, not ...\MooV.

Yes.  For {type} PM has its own 4 letter codes for various file types that it knows about and the catchall PRXY.  Instead of using {type} you could use {mediatype}.  Then you'll have a 'still' and 'video' folder.  As for your camera's index files, PM doesn't know anything about them so I don't know where they'll go.

-Kirk