Author Topic: Rotate Crop / Search IPTC Keywords for Several Directories  (Read 3756 times)

Offline Roger

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rotate Crop / Search IPTC Keywords for Several Directories
« on: January 31, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
I'm evaluating PM. I'd like to say it's a great implementation for a front end work flow. It's a very difficult task to know where to draw the line on feature creep.

Rotate Crop: For situations that require very little post processing PM is sufficient in many cases to be all that's needed for the majority of the images. I find the crop function very useful. The ability to rotate the crop would eliminate the need for further post processing in many cases.

IPTC Keywords: It's not an organizer, but if the keywording capability is present, then searching across directory organization would be extremely helpful. I'd like to be able to apply the keyword search to a directory (sub)root or a group of open Contact Sheets

Thanks,
Roger

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rotate Crop / Search IPTC Keywords for Several Directories
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 12:47:17 PM »
I'm evaluating PM. I'd like to say it's a great implementation for a front end work flow. It's a very difficult task to know where to draw the line on feature creep.

Rotate Crop: For situations that require very little post processing PM is sufficient in many cases to be all that's needed for the majority of the images. I find the crop function very useful. The ability to rotate the crop would eliminate the need for further post processing in many cases.

That feature has been requested a number of times.  I do plan to implement it at some point, but I can't give you a date yet.

Quote from: Roger
IPTC Keywords: It's not an organizer, but if the keywording capability is present, then searching across directory organization would be extremely helpful. I'd like to be able to apply the keyword search to a directory (sub)root or a group of open Contact Sheets

A full cataloging module is planned and will integrate with Photo Mechanic so I think we'll have you covered in effect.

Thanks for the feedback,

-Kirk