Author Topic: Adjust Capture Date Absolute Does not apply the same capture date batch images  (Read 1590 times)

Offline David Roth

• View Profile
I have slides scanned on an HP scanner that took on the date of the scan. I want to adjust the IPTC date to the approximate date they were taken and arbitrarily selected Dec 15, 1971 12:00:00 PM. When I perform a batch adjustment selecting the 'Adjust Absolute' and 'Adjust File IPTC/XMP Date and Time, only the first jpg gets adjusted correctly. The second was adjusted to 1 minute beyond noon, and the third to 3 minutes beyond noon. The fourth was set to 4/14/1935 9:58. After that, the adjustment continues to increment a few minutes for each slide, beginning where the third slide left off. There were a total of 10 jpgs in the batch.

I also noted that the default shift under 'Adjust Relative' assumes random values when the menu is reopened  after using the reset button to set the shift values to zero. The opening value of the absolute setting also changes each time the menu is opened.

I am using PM 5.0, build 16438 (e61be25) under Windows 7. Many updates have just been applied to the latter by Microsoft.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I have slides scanned on an HP scanner that took on the date of the scan. I want to adjust the IPTC date to the approximate date they were taken and arbitrarily selected Dec 15, 1971 12:00:00 PM. When I perform a batch adjustment selecting the 'Adjust Absolute' and 'Adjust File IPTC/XMP Date and Time, only the first jpg gets adjusted correctly. The second was adjusted to 1 minute beyond noon, and the third to 3 minutes beyond noon. The fourth was set to 4/14/1935 9:58. After that, the adjustment continues to increment a few minutes for each slide, beginning where the third slide left off. There were a total of 10 jpgs in the batch.

I also noted that the default shift under 'Adjust Relative' assumes random values when the menu is reopened  after using the reset button to set the shift values to zero. The opening value of the absolute setting also changes each time the menu is opened.

I am using PM 5.0, build 16438 (e61be25) under Windows 7. Many updates have just been applied to the latter by Microsoft.

The wording choice we used for that feature was poor.  You'll have to adjust each image individually.  Basically the time/date delta applied to the first image is applied to all images in the batch.  If each image needs to be set to the same time and they each have differing times, then you will have to adjust each of them individually.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
If you need to set the dates on many images, have a look at Phil Harvey's exiftool.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline David Roth

• View Profile
Thanks all for your responses. Since the scanning software can also set the date, I'll remember to do it there.