Author Topic: "Clear" button not clearing "Personality" field  (Read 4338 times)

Offline ckcondon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
"Clear" button not clearing "Personality" field
« on: August 03, 2015, 01:40:25 PM »
Running PM 5.0 build 16438 on several macs running OS 10.9.5.
On a few of them we are having problems with the "Clear" function in stationary pad as well as individual captions.
When we hit the "Clear" button, everything wipes out except the "Personality" field. The name has to be manually deleted.

Why would the "Clear" button not delete every field in the caption/stationary pad?

Thanks,

Chris

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: "Clear" button not clearing "Personality" field
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 03:14:19 PM »
Chris,

Running PM 5.0 build 16438 on several macs running OS 10.9.5.
On a few of them we are having problems with the "Clear" function in stationary pad as well as individual captions.
When we hit the "Clear" button, everything wipes out except the "Personality" field. The name has to be manually deleted.

Why would the "Clear" button not delete every field in the caption/stationary pad?

Did you customize what fields are cleared when you press the Clear button?  Perhaps you set the Clear settings to not clear that field?  The Personality field on my system is set to clear when the Clear button is clicked, and it does indeed clear the Personality fields when I click it.

To set you Clear settings, hold down the Option key (Windows users would hold down Shift instead) and the Clear button will change to 'Options'.  Click on the button while it says Options and you'll see a dialog appear that has a list of checkboxes that you can check or uncheck according to your preferences.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline ckcondon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: "Clear" button not clearing "Personality" field
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 07:16:00 AM »
Thanks Kirk! That was exactly what I was looking for. I knew there had to be a way to customize the clear function.