Author Topic: Windows 10 Support  (Read 12117 times)

Offline EricLoken

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Windows 10 Support
« on: August 14, 2015, 05:23:52 AM »
Will Photomechanic work with Windows 10?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Windows 10 Support
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 09:13:14 AM »
So far in our testing, PM is working with no issues when running on Windows 10.  Some users have said that they have had problems working with photos in their "Pictures" folder.  This problem has nothing to do with Photo Mechanic itself since it is a permissions problem that can be corrected by the user:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=9922.0

It still may be worthwhile to wait on upgrading until Microsoft has put out some updates for Windows 10 though.

-Kirk

Offline GSPHOTO

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 05:24:24 PM »
I am having problems with Windows 10 when I combined two folders with same name on folders with in but with different photo files.  Example, have a game folder containing folder for each player(25 folders). Then next game I used to transfer that game in to a season composite folder and it would move the photos in to the folders already there so at end of season would have a composite folder with all of a player's photos in one folder rather in individual folder for each game.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 09:19:26 PM »
I am having problems with Windows 10 when I combined two folders with same name on folders with in but with different photo files.  Example, have a game folder containing folder for each player(25 folders). Then next game I used to transfer that game in to a season composite folder and it would move the photos in to the folders already there so at end of season would have a composite folder with all of a player's photos in one folder rather in individual folder for each game.

I don't follow.  What is the problem?  You can't browse your pictures in PM?  Perhaps a screen shot or two would help illustrate your issue?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot(s).

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline njonjoska

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 11:26:43 AM »
On W10,  I have installed version 5.0 build 16765 and, just like in the previous builds, the side scroll bar is displayed but doesn't work.
Any news about it?
Thanks
Giorgio

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 12:34:21 PM »
Giorgio,

On W10,  I have installed version 5.0 build 16765 and, just like in the previous builds, the side scroll bar is displayed but doesn't work.
Any news about it?

What is a "side scroll bar"?  Please post a JPEG screen shot that illustrates what you're talking about.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline njonjoska

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 Support side scroll bar
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 08:24:22 AM »
Hi, this is the scrollbar which has "mummified" once changed from win 81.1 to win10.
I have tried various versions of Photomechanic but none has the side bar working. to scroll down the thumbs I have to use the arrows and it's quite slow.
thanks
njonjo

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:26:10 AM by njonjoska »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Windows 10 Support side scroll bar
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 09:48:00 AM »
njonjo,

Hi, this is the scrollbar which has "mummified" once changed from win 81.1 to win10.
I have tried various versions of Photomechanic but none has the side bar working. to scroll down the thumbs I have to use the arrows and it's quite slow.

So you can't grab the 'thumb' part of the scroll bar and move it?

Have you also tried using your mouse wheel (or equivalent trackpad gesture) to do your scrolling?

-Kirk

Offline njonjoska

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 10:04:26 AM »
Hi,
yes it doesn't work.
The only way to scroll is using the keybopard arrows.
Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 10:46:03 AM »
OK, we tested on all of our Windows 10 systems and the scroll bar works just fine, the mouse scroll wheel works just fine too.  Do you have something installed on your system that alters the behavior of scroll bars?

We have had no reports from any other users of PM5 on Windows 10 with this same problem.

Do the arrow keys on your keyboard work for scrolling?  They should scroll fast (depending on your keyboard key repeat rate setting.)

Another thing you could try is resetting your layout.  Launch PM and then old down the Shift key while PM loads up.  All docking panes, menus, toolbars should have their layouts restored to defaults.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:23:23 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Gary_G

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 07:46:09 PM »
Gents;

A lot of people are reporting issues with a system that has been upgraded from a previous Windows to Windows 10. It appears the transition is not a fault-free one. The good news is that a clean install of Windows 10 seems to make most software happy once again.

I am running PM on Windows 10 that was a clean factory install when I bought it and have had absolutely no issues.