Author Topic: mistaken sending files  (Read 4503 times)

Offline ricdel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
mistaken sending files
« on: May 21, 2015, 01:32:05 AM »
I suggested more and more times ways to avoid mistaken sending files due to haste (photojournalists often are in a great hurry). The usual workflow is: Cmd-U and then OK, without realizing that we are send files to an agency different from what we wanted (what a poor figure! :-[) E.g. you could think a file uploader with checkboxes instead scroll, or shortcut buttons for every ftp address in the IPTC info window.

Same in the "Save and Upload" button

Offline BlueDevilHH

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: mistaken sending files
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 02:16:14 AM »
Would be great!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 09:07:42 AM »
I suggested more and more times ways to avoid mistaken sending files due to haste (photojournalists often are in a great hurry). The usual workflow is: Cmd-U and then OK, without realizing that we are send files to an agency different from what we wanted (what a poor figure! :-[) E.g. you could think a file uploader with checkboxes instead scroll, or shortcut buttons for every ftp address in the IPTC info window.

Same in the "Save and Upload" button

I don't understand what you're asking for.  Please illustrate with a mockup or explain further.

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 10:57:19 AM »
I think I understand what is being said as it has ALMOST bit my butt on a few occasion...  I think what is being asked is if there is some way of triggering a popup that tells you you are about to send a file to agency X when you hit ctrl-U. More than once I've come painfully close to sending game action to the wrong agency. I happen to be very OCD so I've caught it (so far) but I can see where it is possible to just send off a file to agency X when in fact you meant to send it to agency Z. 

Maybe a dialog box that comes up for the first use of crtl-U confirming the recipient and a check box that accepts it as a default for the balance of time until the next time PM is started.  That would give users one last chance to make sure that the images are going to the right place AND would also (hopefully) prevent you from accidentally sending images to an agency just because they were the last one you sent to.