Author Topic: Very long file name associated with thumbnails  (Read 3484 times)

Offline scwerden

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Very long file name associated with thumbnails
« on: February 01, 2007, 05:49:10 PM »
What have I done - I am getting very long file names that I think are associated with thumbnail pictures when I do a "Quick Search" for a keyword. What is more important how do I get rid of the extra thumbnails that show up. What should be only a few pictures turn out to be hundreds.

Example:05b25953dc6470.......#0192#d#0#.jpg

Double clicking on saved folders produces normal results.

Thanks
Stowell

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Very long file name associated with thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 06:03:53 PM »
Stowell,

What have I done - I am getting very long file names that I think are associated with thumbnail pictures when I do a "Quick Search" for a keyword. What is more important how do I get rid of the extra thumbnails that show up. What should be only a few pictures turn out to be hundreds.

Example:05b25953dc6470.......#0192#d#0#.jpg

Double clicking on saved folders produces normal results.

You are allowing Spotlight to index Photo Mechanic's cache folder.  This will impact performance and will result in cache files being returned from Spotlight searches.

You can do one of two things:
  Use the Spotlight system preferences panel to prevent Spotlight from searching your Photo Mechanic cache (open Photo Mechanic's preferences dialog, click on the Caching tab, make note of your chosen path, then open the Spotlight system preferences panel, click on the Privacy tab and then use the '+' button to pick that path.)
  Or in the Photo Mechanic Caching preferences choose to use the default cache path that Spotlight won't index.

Once done, you should see a slight speedup on your system and those files will not be returned in searches.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline scwerden

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Very long file name associated with thumbnails
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:43:41 AM »
 :)Thanks for solving my problem.
Stowell