Author Topic: Won't sort by capture time  (Read 4832 times)

Offline TraceyCphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Won't sort by capture time
« on: September 07, 2015, 10:04:14 AM »
Hi

For some reason my PM just won't sort my files into capture time.  It has worked perfectly fine in the past but now won't do it.  It seems to just sort into file name?

Please help!

Thank you

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Won't sort by capture time
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 06:51:39 AM »
For some reason my PM just won't sort my files into capture time.  It has worked perfectly fine in the past but now won't do it.  It seems to just sort into file name?

What version of Photo Mechanic are you using and on what OS are you running it on?

-Kirk

Offline TraceyCphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 06:58:33 AM »
Hi Kirk

I am using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16438 (e61be25) and I have OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

:)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 07:03:07 AM »
Hi Kirk

I am using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16438 (e61be25) and I have OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Try flushing the Sort Cache (in the Caching section of the Preferences dialog) and then reopen the contact sheet.

-Kirk

Offline TraceyCphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 07:40:12 AM »
Hi Kirk

Try flushing the Sort Cache (in the Caching section of the Preferences dialog) and then reopen the contact sheet.

-Kirk

Tried with no success - would it be anything to do my one camera has files named TCB_ and the other is _TCB??  Although I would think that is should just sort them by time??

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 09:09:35 AM »
Hi Kirk

-Kirk

Tried with no success - would it be anything to do my one camera has files named TCB_ and the other is _TCB??  Although I would think that is should just sort them by time??

No.

I'd need to get some sample images from you to see why PM isn't seeing the Capture Time in your images.  Can you provide some samples?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline TraceyCphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 12:26:41 AM »
Hi Kirk

-Kirk

No.

I'd need to get some sample images from you to see why PM isn't seeing the Capture Time in your images.  Can you provide some samples?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Sure Kirk - what exactly do you want?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 09:03:51 AM »
Hi Kirk

-Kirk

No.

Sure Kirk - what exactly do you want?

At least two images that reproduce the problem.  You can either upload them somewhere and provide me a link to download them, or contact me privately and I'll give you information about our server and you can upload them there.

-Kirk