Author Topic: Bug in Code Replacements  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Riton

• View Profile
Bug in Code Replacements
« on: September 11, 2015, 12:40:14 AM »
There is a recurrent bug I can't resolve in the Code Replacements sector: whenever I enter a name having two parts like "Le Roux" the replacement is not working as it couldn't find the name.

Is there a workaround for that ??????? Thanks in advance.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Bug in Code Replacements
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 08:42:48 AM »
There is a recurrent bug I can't resolve in the Code Replacements sector: whenever I enter a name having two parts like "Le Roux" the replacement is not working as it couldn't find the name.

Is there a workaround for that ??????? Thanks in advance.

Please post your code replacement text file.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 02:02:22 AM »
Sorry Kirk for my mistake. The bug is not in the Code Replacements field but in the Autocomplete one. Code Replacements works but not Autocomplete. Its always happening with a name starting with Le like Le Roux.............No problem for names like Ben Arous (Full name and not first name + name).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 02:58:03 AM »
The same bug happens also for names like Di Maria so the problems is linked to only 2 letters in the first part of the name in Autocomplete !!!

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 03:10:19 AM »
The problem with the autocomplete is that it breaks off at the first space in your autocomplete text. A real pain (I suffer the same), but as Kirk told me, this is a problem in the underlying library code, it would therefore require a complete rewrite of Camerabits to change this...
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 10:22:05 AM »
I understand Hayo but why a name like Ben Arous works ??????? It has also a space.....!!!!!! It seems
 the problem is related to only two letters in the first part of the name and doesn't occur with more than two letters.

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 12:23:54 AM »
I have found a workaround for the bug in Autocomplete. Putting the settings to use it only for 2 letters instead of 3 letters before now works perfectly !!!!!!!!