Author Topic: Set Color Class of Photos  (Read 5558 times)

Offline AndresLas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Set Color Class of Photos
« on: September 20, 2015, 08:57:18 PM »
Hi,
I downloaded the Try version of PhotoMecanic, but the Set Color Class or Set Rating doesnt Works. I dont know what happens. I press 3 or cmd 3 and nothing, the same with the ratings. Something is wrong?
Thank you
Andres

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Set Color Class of Photos
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 09:31:28 PM »
Andres,

I downloaded the Try version of PhotoMecanic, but the Set Color Class or Set Rating doesnt Works. I dont know what happens. I press 3 or cmd 3 and nothing, the same with the ratings. Something is wrong?

Where are your photos stored?  If they're on a camera card, then, by default, PM won't update photos on camera cards.  Download the images to your hard drive first by using Ingest.

If the images are on your hard drive, what happens when you use your mouse cursor to change the ratings/color classes instead of the keyboard?

-Kirk

Offline AndresLas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 08:10:16 AM »
Hi Kirk,

The photos are in a External Hard Drive, as always. The ratings class works with the mouse, but it didnt with the color Class. Didnt change the colors. I always worked selecting all the images and drag and drop in Photo Mechanic. Now I cant select anything.

Thank you
Andres

Offline AndresLas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 10:05:09 AM »
Now I think that Photo Mechanic damage the images. I dont know why. The file name appears in red and even in the hard drive appears ok. I attached a image of it.
Thank you
Andres

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 10:09:34 AM »
Andres,

Now I think that Photo Mechanic damage the images. I dont know why. The file name appears in red and even in the hard drive appears ok. I attached a image of it.

Unless you have changed Photo Mechanic's IPTC/XMP preferences from the default, PM won't modify your RAW files in order to make any metadata changes to the images, including rating, tagging, color labeling and cropping.

I'd like to see a screen shot of your IPTC/XMP preferences from the Preferences dialog in Photo Mechanic.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline AndresLas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 10:11:38 AM »
Here is the attach...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline AndresLas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 10:19:10 AM »
Is strange, because i never touch that section...:(...Now I hace 2 more images that I cant see and it appears damage in the hard drive too. It mean I losted it?

Offline AndresLas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 11:10:07 AM »
I want to buy the License, but with those problems, I'm a little afraid of it...

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 01:50:03 PM »
The names are shown in red when PM is still reading them. That this takes a long time/doesn't finish at all may be an indication there is a problem with (accessing) your external drive. Have you already tried copying the files to a local directory to see if that helped?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline AndresLas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 01:52:16 PM »
Ok, i will try it. But what about the Class Color problem?
Thank you!
Andres

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 02:10:29 PM »
Andres,

Ok, i will try it. But what about the Class Color problem?

I suggest pressing the "Restore Defaults" button in the IPTC/XMP settings.

As for the RAW files showing up in red, have you changed your "RAW" preferences to force PM to render your RAW files?  If so, it can take a very long time to render RAW files.  Using the embedded JPEG previews for speed should fix this issue.

-Kirk

Offline AndresLas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 02:15:17 PM »
I clic Restore default and nothing happens. I never touch that section. First time i hear of it.
It still red.
Thank you
Andres

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 03:26:53 PM »
Andres,

I clic Restore default and nothing happens. I never touch that section. First time i hear of it.
It still red.

Click on the lightning bolt button in the IPTC/XMP section and choose "Adobe" from the list.  If the problem still persists, please provide a sample NEF file that exhibits the problem.  You can send me a personal message to which I'll respond with instructions on how you can upload your sample image to our server, or put the image on a service like Dropbox and give me a link to the image.

-Kirk