Author Topic: Caption Issue Emailing to Windows  (Read 1475 times)

Offline jeffkowalsky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Caption Issue Emailing to Windows
« on: September 24, 2015, 07:39:57 AM »
Hello,

I have had an issue lately when sending photos via photomechanic/Apple Mail to clients that use windows.  The captions are disappearing.

Different issue.  When saving captions, if i do not include the .xmp when saving caption, it is saved without any info. I have Add embedded ITCP (XMP will always be written checked) in the preferences.

Thank you in advance.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Caption Issue Emailing to Windows
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 03:47:36 PM »
Jeff,

I have had an issue lately when sending photos via photomechanic/Apple Mail to clients that use windows.  The captions are disappearing.

Are you applying an IPTC Stationery while sending your photos?  If so, is the stationery pad set to clear any fields like the Caption field?
If you send the image to yourself, do you see the caption or is it missing?

Different issue.  When saving captions, if i do not include the .xmp when saving caption, it is saved without any info. I have Add embedded ITCP (XMP will always be written checked) in the preferences.

Are you using the IPTC Info dialog or the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog for this task?  If you want to set metadata on a single image (and see what it currently contains) then you need to use the IPTC Info dialog (click the 'i' button when you put your mouse over a thumbnail.)

-Kirk