Author Topic: Live ingest bug?  (Read 2938 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Live ingest bug?
« on: September 28, 2015, 09:27:45 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I don't know if it's a bug or just the way it has to be but I have found that if a file gets corrupted on its way to the 'live' folder the entire 'live ingest' process gets hung up. I have to stop then live ingest, delete the offending file, then re-start the live ingest again.  I guess I was expecting some sort of error trap that would just put the 'bad' file to the side and continue ingesting 'good' files.  As a side question. Is there a way to have files that are 'live' ingested tagged? Either color, star or the check mark. Doesn't matter to me just as long as they can be differentiated.

Eric

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live ingest bug?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:26:40 PM »
I don't know if it's a bug or just the way it has to be but I have found that if a file gets corrupted on its way to the 'live' folder the entire 'live ingest' process gets hung up. I have to stop then live ingest, delete the offending file, then re-start the live ingest again.

How does one get a file in this corrupted state?  What kind of file is it?  Can you give us one of these corrupted files?

As a side question. Is there a way to have files that are 'live' ingested tagged? Either color, star or the check mark. Doesn't matter to me just as long as they can be differentiated.

The IPTC Stationery Pad can set tag, rating, or color class and can be done in Live Ingest.

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Re: Live ingest bug?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 06:40:08 AM »
Well the easiest way is to to have jumpy fingers. On my Nikon if you press [ok]+[ctr pad] it starts the transmit to the FTP server. IF you hit them a second time DURING the xmit it stops the first transmit and starts a second xmit.  That leaves the the first instance truncated.   I don't have one handy as I have to delete them in order to continue working but I'm sure I can duplicate the issue and send you a file. And yes I realize that the simple solution is to not hit the buttons a second time but in the process of going through files in a fast game environment it does happen.