Author Topic: No colour class icon  (Read 4403 times)

Offline neil@dg28.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
No colour class icon
« on: July 09, 2017, 11:54:19 AM »
In preferences it's easy to change the appearance of the eight colour classes and turning classes on and off is dead easy. The difference in colour between on and off for images with no colour class is negligible and it would be great to have a more obvious distinction. How about white for no colour class selected and the standard grey for deselected? How about something even more extreme like a proper button or the ability to customise the colour like you can with the other eight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: No colour class icon
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 02:04:00 PM »
I don't understand why you say the colour class is not obvious; in my contact sheet (and also on the full screen preview) there is a big bar with the colour of the colour class. So there is no mistake as to what the colour class is. Can you post a screenshot of your contact sheet to show us what you mean?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline neil@dg28.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 06:20:51 AM »
Apologies for the very late reply - I was in hospital having spinal surgery for a while! Here is what I mean; can you tell the difference between the two icons indicated by an arrow at a glance? One is with images with no colour tag visible and the other is hiding images with no colour tag. I wanted the ability to change the colour so that it is obvious at a glance rather than having to get so close to the screen to see the grey on grey checkerboard pattern of one of them.

https://neilturnerphotographer.co.uk/2017/08/22/a-freelancers-nightmare/

Offline neil@dg28.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 04:51:32 AM »
I found my own answer. It was there all along - all I needed to do was to change the "Color class and 5-Star ratings background" colour to something much lighter and I can now see the difference with ease! You have no idea how much this has bugged me over the years.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 10:52:05 AM »
I found my own answer. It was there all along - all I needed to do was to change the "Color class and 5-Star ratings background" colour to something much lighter and I can now see the difference with ease! You have no idea how much this has bugged me over the years.

Ah, sorry to not have come back to this. Glad you found the answer yourself; I actually hadn't thought about this solution at all. Sometimes solutions are simpler than one thinks :)
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl