Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Upload to Amazon Cloud Drive?

(1/3) > >>

FVlcek:
Hi Kirk, I don't know how much the Amazon Cloud Drive API is open or not, would it be hard to add support for it in the Uploader? With its unlimited photo storage, it's becoming nice secondary backup option for my personal photos. Unfortunately, their own uploader app is horrible...

Kirk Baker:
Frantisek,

--- Quote from: Frantisek Vlcek on September 28, 2015, 09:53:48 AM ---Hi Kirk, I don't know how much the Amazon Cloud Drive API is open or not, would it be hard to add support for it in the Uploader? With its unlimited photo storage, it's becoming nice secondary backup option for my personal photos. Unfortunately, their own uploader app is horrible...

--- End quote ---

We've got one in the works for PM 6.  I do not have a release date for you at this time.

-Kirk

FVlcek:
Great to hear that anyway!

ron_hiner:
I tried Amazon S3 -- not sure it that's the same as cloud drive -- and I baled out on it for use as a backup system.   Here's why:

My image files have file create date/times as well as modified date/times.   I copy them to a second drive using Beyond Compare.   When the primary drive datestamp is newer than that of the same file on my backup drive, I do an update.   Easy.  Beyond Compare is beautiful for this.

However, there Amazon considers the date/time that the file appeared on their server to be the create date/time.  As far as I was able to determine, there is no way to override this to use the original file date/time.    Thus, my backup system can't work on Amazon S3. 

nnovod:
Hi Kirk,

Is an uploader to Amazon Cloud for secondary storage still in the works?  Given the long wait for PM6 could it be put into a PM5 build?

Thanks,
Nathaniel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version