Author Topic: PM 4.5 beta II, MAC OS 10.4.8, Powerbook G4  (Read 25771 times)

Offline gferguson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM 4.5 beta II, MAC OS 10.4.8, Powerbook G4
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 09:09:26 PM »
I'm seeing the same issues too only with 10.4.9 on a G4 iBook. I sent a profile along with some other feedback.

Greg

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 11:23:13 PM »
Do any of you notice that an unusual amount of CPU time is being used by PM (once all thumbnails are generated and PM would be otherwise idle)

I've just come back to my machine having not touched it since posting my last message a couple of hours ago.  The last thing I'd done was delete some photos, leave PM hanging and finish my above post.  I came back now, refreshed this page and read your post, so as I open Acitivity Monitor now it shows PM using 68% CPU.  I haven't hidden and reactivated PM so it is exactly as it would be when the hang begins.

[Goes off to reactivate PM]

Once PM is awakened again, it settles down and hovers around 4% CPU time.  It's is a 1.67GHz PB G4, 1.5GB RAM.

I'm afraid I don't have the Dev Tools installed, although if I can find the discs I could install if no one else has them either.

Could I get each of you that is having this problem send me a System Profile from your computer?

Just go to the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your screen and choose "About this Mac".  Then when the about box comes up, press the "More Info..." button.  After a moment, the System Profiler will come up.  Then go to the File menu and choose Save As...  Use the System Profiler 4.0 (XML) format and save your profile.

Contact me privately for an email address where you can send your profiles.

If there are other computers that you're having problems with the 4.5 beta, then please send profiles of those computers too, please.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,

I sent both system profiles  (Powerbook and iMAC) to Bob, who contacted me just as well.

Regards

-Oryk
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 02:14:54 AM »
Kirk,
any luck figuring out what happened on these machines?
Marc
Marc

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 06:16:19 AM »
MBB, I have it on good authority that Kirk has knocked out these problems (slowness and FTP freezing) in the latest internal development version. The "delete freeze" was fixed in the third public beta.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 07:34:17 AM »
Marc,

any luck figuring out what happened on these machines?

Yes.  Actually Kevin was quite instrumental in helping me find that problem.  It is related to having the Favorites/Navigator pane closed in Contact Sheet windows.  When closed, the split view was issuing redraws of the entire Contact Sheet as often as was possible.  The faster the computer the more often the drawing.

I have since fixed the problem and have verified with a few people that the full performance of Photo Mechanic is back as usual on their systems.

-Kirk