Author Topic: PM6  (Read 40186 times)

Offline Matthew

• View Profile
    • matt-horwood.com
Re: PM6
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 03:10:32 AM »
Hi Kirk, hope you're feeling better. Just to check, noticed there was no mention of cataloguing functionality on the PM6 'Coming Soon' page.

https://www.camerabits.com/about-us/coming-soon/

Can we still expect this in PM6?

Thanks

Offline calfoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2019, 10:16:34 AM »

There will indeed be an open beta.

-Kirk

Must have missed that Open Beta as it came and went without much notice...

The GOOD News is that PM6 will be released in a couple of weeks (March 25th according to the CameraBits web page)

Now the question is what makes one "Eligible" for the $89 upgrade? - Inquiring minds want to know!

Better yet, if I qualify I send the money today!

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 02:02:33 PM »
Hi there Matthew,

Can we still expect this in PM6?

The Catalog feature is part of a premium upgrade called Photo Mechanic Plus and will be in public beta starting April 22, 2019.  You will be able to download and try it then.

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Matthew

• View Profile
    • matt-horwood.com
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2019, 11:10:39 PM »
Thanks for the update.

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2019, 01:36:08 AM »
If I replace my PM5 with the PM6 upgrade at the end of March will I get PM6 Plus for the difference in the upgrade prices when it is released? Or would I be better waiting until PM6 Plus is released? (in the early summer?)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2019, 09:52:29 AM »
If I replace my PM5 with the PM6 upgrade at the end of March will I get PM6 Plus for the difference in the upgrade prices when it is released? Or would I be better waiting until PM6 Plus is released? (in the early summer?)

There will be no price benefit for waiting. The price to upgrade to Plus will be simply the difference as you suggest.

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2019, 12:08:35 PM »
Thank you, proper customer service from CB as always.

Offline Micha

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2019, 02:45:31 PM »
Kirk, take care about your health! ... don't risk it for your timetable regarding the release of PM6 ... btw: good news to hear this that there will be PM6 ... and the "plus" option, great ... because in the past 2 years there was no need for me to follow this forum (so I read this some days ago) ... because for me PM5 works perfect since many years ... the most constantly reliable piece of software in my photo-editing workflow. Thank you for that.

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
    • Hotel Resort Photography
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2019, 06:35:30 AM »
Kirk, take care about your health! ... don't risk it for your timetable regarding the release of PM6 ... btw: good news to hear this that there will be PM6 ... and the "plus" option, great ... because in the past 2 years there was no need for me to follow this forum (so I read this some days ago) ... because for me PM5 works perfect since many years ... the most constantly reliable piece of software in my photo-editing workflow. Thank you for that.

1000% agree.
Best software out there & great support here.
Get well soon Kirk & I can't wait for PM6!

Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2019, 07:12:00 AM »
It took more than a month, but I'm finally feeling like my old self.

Thanks everyone,

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2019, 03:24:48 AM »
Hi Kirk!

Any way of BETA testing PM6?

Would love to try it and help out :)

Cheers!

Offline sgbotsford

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2019, 07:43:35 AM »
I will reserve judgement.

I'm ok right now keywording with Aperture. 

I've been looking for a DAM for several years now.  I bought Affinity hearing that they were going to have a DAM "real soon now" and  Luminar  has had a DAM in the works for years.  I told them, "No DAM, no purchase"

Meanwhile I've thought a lot about what a photo dam should do.  This doc has gone through several iterations and expansions, and is mainatained at:

https://softwarerecs.stackexchange.com/questions/47756/digital-asset-management-for-photography

I would post here, but it's too long.

Offline olidie

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2019, 07:21:33 AM »
Really looking forward to working with PM6. One question: who is eligible for the update price?

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2019, 05:00:25 PM »
Hello,

Really looking forward to working with PM6. One question: who is eligible for the update price?

If you purchased Photo Mechanic v5 on or after Jan 1, 2018, then you qualify for a free upgrade to Photo Mechanic 6. Owners of Photo Mechanic v5 who purchased prior to Jan 1, 2018 are eligible for $89 upgrade pricing to Photo Mechanic 6. Owners of previous versions of Photo Mechanic (e.g. 4.6.9. and prior) are not eligible for upgrade pricing.

Thanks,

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline olidie

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2019, 11:47:17 PM »

If you purchased Photo Mechanic v5 on or after Jan 1, 2018, then you qualify for a free upgrade to Photo Mechanic 6. Owners of Photo Mechanic v5 who purchased prior to Jan 1, 2018 are eligible for $89 upgrade pricing to Photo Mechanic 6. Owners of previous versions of Photo Mechanic (e.g. 4.6.9. and prior) are not eligible for upgrade pricing.

Thank you, Mick. I think that this is a very generous offer. In my case I will be getting the upgrade price although I bought my upgrade from PM4 to PM5 in August 2012. Almost 7 years ago!

Oliver