Author Topic: Lightroom interaction  (Read 20001 times)

Offline royfel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Lightroom interaction
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 12:26:21 PM »
With explorer :
Lightroom launched and minimized>drag multiple shots to LR icon from WExplorer> import bos activated and all shots imported.
Lightroom not launched>Launches LR but get dialog "no photos to import".

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 11:08:02 PM »
With explorer :
Lightroom launched and minimized>drag multiple shots to LR icon from WExplorer> import bos activated and all shots imported.
Lightroom not launched>Launches LR but get dialog "no photos to import".

I installed Lightroom 1.0 on my Windows system.  If I drag and drop photos from PM onto Lightroom when it is in the Library module and drop them in the 'contact sheet' area they are accepted, and the Import dialog appears.  I can preview them and import them just fine.

Using the Edit selected photos with->lightroom, doesn't work the way one would expect.  If you send more than one image, the Import dialog appears again and again each over the top of the previous import dialog, once for each selected image.  Each import dialog says that there is one photo to import.

I tried modifying the launching code to simulate a drag and drop onto the Lightroom application, but I could find no window that would respond to a WM_DROPFILES message.  This type of simulated drag works well for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.  The other style of drag and drop (OLE Drag and Drop) is accepted, but I know of no way to simulate that type of drag and drop operation.

I'd say that for the time being (that is to say unless Adobe will make things easier in a future version of Lightroom) what we've got is as good as it is going to get.  Manual drag and drop from PM to Lightroom works pretty well.

-Kirk

Offline royfel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 04:58:59 AM »
Thanks for the effort and trying to help