Author Topic: Media Pro import  (Read 2753 times)

Offline macz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Media Pro import
« on: October 23, 2019, 11:26:03 PM »
Hi
Thanks for pushing PM 6Plus. I start to get familiar with it. I am one of those guys who are desperately seeking for alternatives to Media Pro since PhaseOne has abandoned it.
Media Pro was the only tool perfectly reading and adapting C1 previews and organizing the images in several catalogs being able to open them at the same time and searching all over.
I have all my images from over 15 years (>200'000) in Media Pro catalogs and I am not able to import them back into Capture One as they suggest - so it would be a big relief to being able to solve this problem when I would be able to import Media Pro catalogs into PM6+. Pls let me know if you need sample data.
Thanks in advance!
Markus

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Media Pro import
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 08:27:13 AM »
Markus,

Thanks for pushing PM 6Plus. I start to get familiar with it. I am one of those guys who are desperately seeking for alternatives to Media Pro since PhaseOne has abandoned it.
Media Pro was the only tool perfectly reading and adapting C1 previews and organizing the images in several catalogs being able to open them at the same time and searching all over.
I have all my images from over 15 years (>200'000) in Media Pro catalogs and I am not able to import them back into Capture One as they suggest - so it would be a big relief to being able to solve this problem when I would be able to import Media Pro catalogs into PM6+. Pls let me know if you need sample data.

There is no need to import your existing Media Pro catalogs (we don't have such a facility anyway), assuming your metadata is stored in your photos or in XMP sidecars, you only need to add those images to a Photo Mechanic Plus catalog.

-Kirk