Author Topic: 'Save As' / RAW Rendering Glitch / Bug / Quirk  (Read 2324 times)

Offline danhoff

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
'Save As' / RAW Rendering Glitch / Bug / Quirk
« on: December 29, 2019, 11:48:03 AM »
When working with a set of raw files from a Sony camera (i.e. .ARW's with their rather low-resolution embedded JPG previews), I found that in the output of a 'Save As' with .jpg selected as output results in:
- any photos that PM6 had already rendered a full-size preview, were saved at full resolution as .jpg's
- any photos that it hadn't already rendered, the tiny 'preview' was saved.

There's no warning or indication of this behavior, it just 'happens' - not sure if it's an actual bug or maybe just something that needs clearer indication somehow?

This set of files wasn't RAW+JPG's - just RAW files - so the settings in the 'Save As' dialog box for 'Source for RAW+JPG' and 'When using RAW' are irrelevant and have no effect here.

It would be fantastic to have an option in the 'Save As' dialog box to force PM to render any RAW's that haven't been already rendered - keeps the workflow within PM rather than having to add a step of converting to DNG or adding .JPG's to use the JPG+RAW functions....

Version: PM6 b4155 on Windows 10; similar results observed previously with PM6 on Mac OS X 10.14.6.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 'Save As' / RAW Rendering Glitch / Bug / Quirk
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 09:14:46 AM »
Dan,

It would be fantastic to have an option in the 'Save As' dialog box to force PM to render any RAW's that haven't been already rendered - keeps the workflow within PM rather than having to add a step of converting to DNG or adding .JPG's to use the JPG+RAW functions....

That's the way I had intended it to work.  I will look into the problem.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

-Kirk