Author Topic: Sequencing  (Read 1992 times)

Offline birder

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sequencing
« on: November 29, 2020, 09:42:36 AM »
Hi I am labelling lots of nature images at present. How do I get Photo mechanic to sequence the images on the basis of the title? For example, say I have labelled 10 Zebra images, and 5 Giraffe images, in Metadata Template. If I select all 15 images to sequence using File, Rename Photos, and {caption} {seqn}, the programme does not differentiate between Zebra and Giraffe, so instead of getting Zebra 001 to Zebra 010, and Giraffe 001 to Giraffe 005, I get 1-15, ie the first Giraffe would be Giraffe 011. Is there a way for Photo Mechanic to label things sequentially on the basis of the name of the image, if I select all 15 images, as in this case, or do I have to first rename the 10 Zebras, then the 5 Giraffes separately?
Thank
Kevin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sequencing
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 01:46:02 PM »
Kevin,

Hi I am labelling lots of nature images at present. How do I get Photo mechanic to sequence the images on the basis of the title? For example, say I have labelled 10 Zebra images, and 5 Giraffe images, in Metadata Template. If I select all 15 images to sequence using File, Rename Photos, and {caption} {seqn}, the programme does not differentiate between Zebra and Giraffe, so instead of getting Zebra 001 to Zebra 010, and Giraffe 001 to Giraffe 005, I get 1-15, ie the first Giraffe would be Giraffe 011. Is there a way for Photo Mechanic to label things sequentially on the basis of the name of the image, if I select all 15 images, as in this case, or do I have to first rename the 10 Zebras, then the 5 Giraffes separately?

The latter.  PM doesn't offer the ability to reset the sequence in the middle of a renaming operation.

-Kirk