Author Topic: Moving Files from Contact Sheet  (Read 592 times)

Offline Jon Paul Davidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Moving Files from Contact Sheet
« on: March 08, 2023, 02:35:39 PM »
An observation that likely is very complicated:  When moving an image (or group of images) from one contact sheet to another - on the same external drive, the image(s) sometimes turn black ("File Error Contact Sheet Rescan Needed") and sometimes they disappear from the original contact sheet-- or part of them do and part turn black and sometimes noting changes on the original sheet and the files appear on both.

This anomaly seems to happen whether the target for moving is another open contact sheet or a desktop window for the target folder.  In all cases, the files ARE actually moved as they should be, but I have been checking to be sure they have moved.  I'm getting used to trusting that they are moved, regardless of the display on the original [ If I re-scan the original, they have all disappeared  from it and are actually on the target sheet.  This is not serious as the action seems to always work properly, but it is annoying!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Moving Files from Contact Sheet
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 02:57:56 PM »
Jon Paul,

An observation that likely is very complicated:  When moving an image (or group of images) from one contact sheet to another - on the same external drive, the image(s) sometimes turn black ("File Error Contact Sheet Rescan Needed") and sometimes they disappear from the original contact sheet-- or part of them do and part turn black and sometimes noting changes on the original sheet and the files appear on both.

This anomaly seems to happen whether the target for moving is another open contact sheet or a desktop window for the target folder.  In all cases, the files ARE actually moved as they should be, but I have been checking to be sure they have moved.  I'm getting used to trusting that they are moved, regardless of the display on the original [ If I re-scan the original, they have all disappeared  from it and are actually on the target sheet.  This is not serious as the action seems to always work properly, but it is annoying!

By what method are you moving these files?  Drag and Drop?  Via the Copy/Move Photos dialog?

-Kirk

Note: moved from Photo Mechanic Feature Requests board since I see no request, and Jon Paul uses Photo Mechanic Plus.