Author Topic: Renaming individual files in folder  (Read 4264 times)

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
Renaming individual files in folder
« on: May 25, 2007, 03:22:51 PM »
I am looking for one thing in PM 4.5.11 for Mac. If I select many pictures in a folder is there any way to rename them individually. Maybe I have 10 portretts and I need to put names to each one. Not a sequence (01...) but a individual name to each one. Do I have to open one by one to do this or can I choose many and put one name(enter) and then the next etc.?

I hope you get this : )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Renaming individual files in folder
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 04:08:28 PM »
I am looking for one thing in PM 4.5.11 for Mac. If I select many pictures in a folder is there any way to rename them individually. Maybe I have 10 portretts and I need to put names to each one. Not a sequence (01...) but a individual name to each one. Do I have to open one by one to do this or can I choose many and put one name(enter) and then the next etc.?

I hope you get this : )

Just double-click on the names and you can edit them directly on the thumbnails.  Don't worry about entering the filename extension, Photo Mechanic will handle that for you.

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
Re: Renaming individual files in folder
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 04:39:21 PM »
Thanks Kirk,

I am thinking of more automation. Instead of double clicking each one is it possible to choose many and rename+push enter so the name of the next is choosen. It´s like that in Fotostation and I like that feature.