Author Topic: I am Kinda Lost  (Read 6480 times)

Offline pbets

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I am Kinda Lost
« on: June 28, 2006, 12:47:49 PM »
I just downloaded the trial and I am trying to batch caption, and now that I decided to look into it I have some questions that will determine whether I have to caption all over again with PhotoShop or something extremely slow like that.

1.) I am captioning and then sending to a client, are the captions and titles and so forth embedded and somehow viewable without Photo Mechanic or does the other party need photo mechaninc to view the captions and information. If it is possible to view without Photo Mechanic, how do I tell them how to go about doing that?

2.) How do I burn to a DVD? How do I burn several folders to a DVD with the Captions and all the photo info info with it?

I will probably have more questions as I go, but I hope there are some answers to this.
Thanks
Paul

Offline gajones

• View Profile
Re: I am Kinda Lost
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 01:56:14 PM »
1.) I am captioning and then sending to a client, are the captions and titles and so forth embedded and somehow viewable without Photo Mechanic or does the other party need photo mechaninc to view the captions and information. If it is possible to view without Photo Mechanic, how do I tell them how to go about doing that?

The captions are embedded using the industry standard IPTC/XMP. Any program that can read IPTC/XMP (such as Photoshop, iView, Fotostation etc) will be able to see the captions you've added. In Photoshop for example, IPTC/XMP is viewable by choosing File Info from the File menu.

2.) How do I burn to a DVD? How do I burn several folders to a DVD with the Captions and all the photo info info with it?

If you're on Mac, you simply need to open all the photos in one contact sheet (you do this by CTRL clicking folders in the Navigator pane and choosing Open in Current Contact Sheet), select all the images then press the burn button on the toolbar. You'll then be able to specify the parent folder heirarchy to burn on the disc.

If you're on Windows I think the process is similar although I have no experience of that myself.

Hope that helps,

Gareth