Author Topic: Optimize Live Ingest for Sports Need Help  (Read 3658 times)

Offline EBuhler92

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Optimize Live Ingest for Sports Need Help
« on: May 19, 2016, 07:00:00 PM »
Hello,

I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 17338 and I run Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 on my Intel-based Mac.
I am interested in shooting tethered for an upcoming sporting event. In order to have a quick turn around on filing I was thinking shooting tethered would be my best bet. I would like some tips and tricks to best optimize Live Ingest. I am shoot with a Canon 5D Mark iii and I'm using Lightroom to bring in the photos to my computer.

Thanks,
Evan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Optimize Live Ingest for Sports Need Help
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 08:02:47 PM »
Evan,

I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 17338 and I run Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 on my Intel-based Mac.
I am interested in shooting tethered for an upcoming sporting event. In order to have a quick turn around on filing I was thinking shooting tethered would be my best bet. I would like some tips and tricks to best optimize Live Ingest. I am shoot with a Canon 5D Mark iii and I'm using Lightroom to bring in the photos to my computer.

Basically, you point Live Ingest at the folder where your images will arrive and when Live Ingest sees that they've arrived and they're no longer changing (meaning that the file has completely arrived) then it will process them.

Have you tried a dry-run yet?

Here is the documentation:

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Live_Ingest

-Kirk

Offline EBuhler92

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 02:38:52 PM »
Thanks Kirk. I have gotten it to work, but after shooting for 10 minutes the files will start to take forever to copy to my card then into PM. My camera won't allow me to shoot a frame and I get a busy message. Why is this happening?

Evan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 03:18:54 PM »
Evan,

Thanks Kirk. I have gotten it to work, but after shooting for 10 minutes the files will start to take forever to copy to my card then into PM. My camera won't allow me to shoot a frame and I get a busy message. Why is this happening?

I can't tell from what you've described so far.

You have your camera plugged into your computer and the card is mounted as a volume?  I need you to describe how you have things set up, please.

-Kirk