Author Topic: Keyword clutter  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Jon Paul Davidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Keyword clutter
« on: May 23, 2021, 12:47:28 PM »
Attached is the problem I just wrote about: You can see several images that come up when i select the keyword "AIRPLANE" in my catalog.  The highlighted one is the only one actually in the folder which I cataloged  The others were likely filenames and instances before I made some additions or corrections.  I thought FULL "Sync" was supposed to resolve things but it apparently just adds new material but does not remove old material.  When opening the "I" window, nothing can be changed and I cannot drag the offending thumbnail to the trash.  In the editing window, the trashcan is greyed out and no changes can be made.  My Question:  How do i get rid of all these old incorrect thumbnails?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keyword clutter
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 02:19:22 PM »
Jon Paul,

I'm on holiday so I don't have a system here to refer to, but I believe that you should be able to select those images and choose the Remove from Catalog item on the Catalog menu.

The images that you cannot edit are not online and cannot be modified.  That's why you couldn't remove the keywords with the Metadata Info dialog.

-Kirk

Offline Jon Paul Davidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 03:40:00 PM »
Kirk, you are going way beyond expectations!! You're not supposed to be working on Sunday-- but you saved me from pulling my hair out in frustration since the same images keep coming up because of the voluminous keywords that Adobe or wherever i got those images entered.  That source is no longer connected and I tried what you suggested and it worked perfectly. How simple and how beautifully the application works!! - I just keep discovering new gems--thanks for sending me in the right direction- Jon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 04:25:23 PM »
Those additional keywords are likely hierarchical keywords that you added to your images in Lightroom.

-Kirk